Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Progressive International MC shows

Progressive International MC shows

I know BMW is going to be at all the shows this year but I am wondering if they will be showing the water cooled boxer?
    Anyone know one way or the other?
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

I was told by a local Dealership that BMW will have the new 1200 at the Toronto bike show next weekend. I would expect if it is here in the North, it will be at the U.S. shows.

BMW had the liquid-cooled GS at the San Mateo show late last month.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Yes, The R1200GS watercooled,was at the Atlanta show as well as the HP4 S1000RR. I'm not a GS fan,but this is a verry good looking GS. I spent four hours at the show and enjyed it quite a bit.

I usually go to the Cleveland, OH show. Am thinking about trying Indy this year. Has anyone been to both that can give me a comparison? Is Indy a bigger show?
    1969 Triumph Bonneville T120R, 1972 Commando 750, 1974 Vespa Rally 200, 1974 Commando 850, 1975 Commando 850, 2010 Triumph T100 w/sidecar, 2011 BMW R1200RT, 2013 Honda CB1100

This is the first year the show has been in Indy. It's never been closer than Chicago or Cleveland. Lucas Oil Stadium is a great venue. I'm anxious to see it for the first time.

We didn't see a water boxer at the Dallas show last month.

Quote Originally Posted by k12lts View Post
    This is the first year the show has been in Indy. It's never been closer than Chicago or Cleveland. Lucas Oil Stadium is a great venue. I'm anxious to see it for the first time.
    I plan to skip Cleveland this year, in favor of Indy. For no other reason than Indy being about 100 miles closer. And after 15 years at Cleveland, I'm up for a new venue.

I noticed you are in Indiana ? Are there plenty of hotels near the stadium? I hate to make reservations not knowing what is where. So I was going to 'wing-it' find the stadium & look for a hotel. I'm familiar over by the Speedway, and the n/west outer area. And in town?...as far as the Fairgrounds. But not so much in downtown.

When I go for the GP & Indy mile,..I've stayed in Carmel , but hope to get closer for the show.

How about the new 800, wondering if that will be shown or not?

Seeing that bike up close and personal would definitely push me to attending.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Marine By Choice #188306
    I was told by the BMW dealer in Seattle last night that all new models would be present at all shows.

Retired User
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddog View Post
    How about the new 800, wondering if that will be shown or not?

Seeing that bike up close and personal would definitely push me to attending.
    The new F800GT was NOT at the San Mateo show. I looked for it AND asked. I too wanted a good look at it in person. They did have the water-cooled GS.
    Bill Mayer
    MOA #98888
    R1200RT

Still plays with trains. tinytrains's Avatar
    The Wasser Boxer GS and the F800GT are both at the the Long Beach show. They seemed to have every model there. The show is the biggest it has been in years. Filled the whole convention center. Good sign.
    1988 K75 Low Seat
    2009 R1200R Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by TinyTrains View Post
    The Wasser Boxer GS and the F800GT are both at the the Long Beach show. They seemed to have every model there. The show is the biggest it has been in years. Filled the whole convention center. Good sign.
    Any pricing?
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

I was at the Toronto Motorcycle show yesterday and they had it there.

Dave McDougall

Rally Rat
    Looking forward to the NYC show, hoping the F800GT will be there. I went from a K1200RS to a K1200S to my current K1200GT and am thinking the lighter more nimble F800 would be more fun. My wife thought the more comfortable K12GT would help her ride more, but it turns out she just doesn't like to ride. Now I have a heavy GT..... Could be worse, I might have bought the K16 and had a payment to deal with!