Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy

Sandy

Our hatches are all battened as Hurricane Sandy looks like it will swing right up the Delaware bay/river and smack us good.

The nitwit neighbors to my left have done nothing to prepare and have patio furniture, plants, and other potential projectiles all over the deck. I'm just hoping as I always do that our neighbor's huge tree on the right doesn't come crashing down. If it does, it will land on my house.

Hubby packed a bag and went to work so it's just me and the dog. I think we're ready.

Stay safe, everyone!

The GS is safe,right? Hope you all come through fine.Both our kids are in New Hampshire,one by the coast and one over by Vermont.Will be a tense few days.Good luck..Ed
    Ed Baker

Thanks, Ed. The GS's are safely tucked in to the garage, both with full tanks of gas just in case.

All the potential projectiles are stored. Even had to dedecorate for Halloween.

With high winds and having their full load of leaves, I have a couple of trees that I'm worried about, but can't do anything about it now. Today, I watch Tivo'ed motoGP, tomorrow, I clean up.
    Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

good luck to all of you in the path. We will be watching and have you in our thoughts.
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

Good thoughts your way.
    Be safe.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    It's still 500 miles away from us, but starting to feel it. I'm waiting for this guy to update his blog this morning:

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...s/article.html

Some of my other favorite sources, check out the wind map even if you ignore the others:

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php?hurl

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/us_comp/us_comp_big.html

http://hint.fm/wind/
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

This is one bad storm. Those of you in the path should leave NOW. Having lived in Florida and South Carolina the past 25 years has taught me to take a Hurricane very seriously. No property is worth your life. Good luck to all.
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

I read where DC, Boston, most of Pennsylvania are closing schools for the next couple of days.
    2000 R1100RT-P

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmandiego View Post
    I read where DC, Boston, most of Pennsylvania are closing schools for the next couple of days.
    Roads in eastern MA have very light traffic (this is an old picture). Schools are closed as well as many businesses. Public transit is shutting down at 2PM.

Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Good Luck to all those in the path of these storms.

I seriously hope the predictions are way overblown (pun intended).
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Rally Rat
    All local schools closed today and tomorrow. I worked a half day and was sent home. Some concern about the 77' Silver Maple that is near the house, has 1/3 or so leaves left on it. Another 65' Silver Maple on the other side of the house. Guess we could end up with a new roof....... (and trusses, ceiling, etc., etc.) Glad I'm no where near the coast, this looks to be bad enough and we are 2 1/2 hours to the shore!

Hurricane winds

I live in just about central MA up by the NH border. It was pretty tame this morning and I was thinking that maybe I should have gone into work. But I had work with me so stayed home. Then the wind picked up... and picked up... and picked up and it's been really howling outside for the past few hours. Just in the last hour or so I've started hearing things hitting the house and upon looking outside am seeing tree limbs leaning up on the house (condo out in the woods). Now I'm getting some respect for this lady.

Louise

The Bloomsburg fairgrounds will likely get a fresh coating of flood sediment.

NOAA is calling for 3 to 6" of rain and winds up to 60-mph. Most of the action will be tonight and early tomorrow. Unfortunately, most of the flood control dams appear to at normal summer recreation levels, so they might not help much in diffusing/tempering the run-off.

At times like these, it good to know that we have things like NOAA, FEMA, US Army Corp of Engineers, Coast Guard, State Police, the first responders, etc. ........ just to deal with one of Mother Nature's bad moods.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Thanks, Ed. The GS's are safely tucked in to the garage, both with full tanks of gas just in case.
    East of I-81, Pennsylvania Emergency Management wants you to stay-off the highway on your GS or that empty 18-wheeler. Just in case you were considering any trips out in the weather.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744