Thread: Earplug Speakers to Bluetooth

Earplug Speakers to Bluetooth

Have really enjoyed custom earplugs with speakers over the years. I plug them in to whatever device I want to listen to. Great sound fidelity and I can hear what is going on around me. Well, I'm finally figuring out bluetooth. I kinda like the idea of not always plugging in to something mounted to the bike. Plus, I might want to listen to something that doesn't have a headphone jack.

I've read about bluetooth comm systems and speakers in the helmet which I will move towards, but as an alternative I still want to use my custom earplugs/speakers. I'm wondering, can I buy some kind of bluetooth device that makes the connection to the audio source, place it in a pocket, and just plug into that? If so, any recommendations? Thanks!

Think I found something. Not expensive... will give it a try!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00727FE5U/...?tag=dradis-20

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    Think I found something. Not expensive... will give it a try!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00727FE5U/...?tag=dradis-20
    That is a bluetooth transmitter. You can't plug earphones into it. If you want to go wireless, you would need that transmitter plugged into your audio source and something like a Sena SMH10 with the optional earbud connection http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...red-microphone (you don't have to use the microphone). I use a transmitter like that on the output of my MixIt2 amp and the Sena SMH10 headset with the speakers in my C3 helmet.
    2005 R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR
    1984 Kawasaki ZX750 E1 Turbo
    BMWMOA, SABMWRA, PCA

Thanks Tony... Appreciate your link. After some more research, including the SMH10, I came across a thread with other riders looking to simply connect their earplug speakers into a bluetooth receiver. It appears this simple thing I can use all over the place, including the bike. Works well feeding the BMW bluetooth audio to corded earplug speakers...

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-CLIPPER-...=5336653688-20

I use a Jabra BT3030. You wear it around your neck, its about the size of a dog tag. I pare it with my Navi IV, and it runs about 6 hours on a charge. Ear buds plug in and sound great. The jabra has push button controls, but I just leave the volume all the way up and use the on screen controls on the GPS. What I like best is IÔÇÖm not tethered to the bike. I bought two on Ebay, direct from China, for $7.00 each + $15.00 shipping.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfr View Post
    That is a bluetooth transmitter. You can't plug earphones into it.
    Actually, his link is to a Bluetooth RECIEVER. I don't know why it has a male plug on it, but it includes a 3.5mm female to female adapter. The pictures also show it connected to headphones and external speaker systems. Though the second link looks like it would be less of a kludge to hook up and wear.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by lkraus View Post
    Actually, his link is to a Bluetooth RECIEVER. I don't know why it has a male plug on it, but it includes a 3.5mm female to female adapter. The pictures also show it connected to headphones and external speaker systems. Though the second link looks like it would be less of a kludge to hook up and wear.
    Correct, that plugs into the device you want to listen to and then you need to listen with, say a Sena set-up or other Blue-tooth receiver set-up
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges"!

1983 R100RT (and broke my leg)
    1996 K1100RS-SE

Quote Originally Posted by moondog View Post
    Correct, that plugs into the device you want to listen to and then you need to listen with, say a Sena set-up or other Blue-tooth receiver set-up
    No, the device IS the receiver. The headphones/speakers plug into the device, which receives the Bluetooth signal from a radio/mp3 player, phone, GPS, etc.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

I use one of these Sony Ericson Bluetooth MW600 units. It comes with headphones but you can plug in anything headphones you want and it includes a microphone on the receiver if you want to use it with your phone.

Relatively cheap and it works fine.
    1983 R100RT hacked w/Cozy Rocket My blog
    Airhead #10576

Monster IEZClick. It comes with 2 pieces. Plug the little piece into the bottom of iphone/ipod/itouch. Plug headphones into Apple device. Use the larger piece (see picture) on the tank bag or jacket sleeve to control tracks, volume and pause. Replace battery every couple months (it is mostly the reason for the poor reviews).

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iEZCli.../dp/B000HVHGI6
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer
    German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

I use a Sony MW600. Fairly cheap and works great. I use my Etymotic e6i ear buds though.

http://www.amazon.com/Ericsson-Hi-Fi.../dp/B003DQ1DCM
    2013 R1200GS