Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is the "touring package" really worth 2k+ R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by Norms 427 View Post
    This is what showed on my 2012 build sheet, and for me it was worth the $$.

Touring Package $2195
    Chrome Exhaust
    ESA II
    Heated Seat
    Heated Grips
    Cruise Control
    Computer hI
    2 Acc Sockets

However, I definitely didn't want this package:

Audio and Communications $1,295
    Bluetooth
    Radio
    SiriusXM

Just my personal preferences.

+1

I actually didn't want ESA but I am now glad I have it. All the bikes in the "pipeline" equipped with the other options I wanted also had ESA.

2012 r1200rt

I just bought a new 2012 rt yesterday it came with all the goodies including the radio,I would care less about it but Honz made such a great deal on it I couldn't pass it up! The xm is cool but my question is it possible to intergrate the iPhone and Bluetooth such as the GM my link? Im having some acc added and going to pick it up next Saturday and haven't really gone over anything yet any ideas ?

Inside the 'glove box' there is a connector for a 1/8" stereo jack and a usb port. BMW sells an accesory cable that will plug into the I-Phone.
    Paul
    "Friends don't let friends ride junk!"
    2011 R1200RT

Rider on Ramald
    Quote Originally Posted by rhood1960 View Post
    I just bought a new 2012 rt yesterday it came with all the goodies including the radio,I would care less about it but Honz made such a great deal on it I couldn't pass it up!
    That Honz!... I've got a 2011 and I've farkled it out a bit, and I'm in STL. If you want to see what I've done and get some bad ideas, let me know.

Things I've done:

• Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 as a GPS (mounted on Migsel mount, using a RAM TabTite), wired into the factory GPS power connector via a hardwire 2A USB charger.
    • A Sena SM10 dual-streaming bluetooth transmitter hardwired into the "rear-speakers out" connector) for streaming to both mine and my wife's Sena SMH10.
    • A four-ciggy + 2 USB charger in my tankbag to handle the phones and such with a Powerlet connector that hooks to my left-side power outlet.
    • DDM Tuning HID replacements for my low-beams (WOW are these bright).