Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need opinions from the 1200RT club

I bought the Nav IV. It cost a bit more but it has been worth it to me. The mounting system is great and I like the extra control buttons.

RAINEY is right about Base Camp. It leaves a little bit to be desired . . . but it does work on a Mac and I guess that's something.
    2012 BMW R1200RT
    2010 Triumph Bonneville

Being a BMW (2010RT) owner, I'm sure you've heard the cheapest thing about us is the owners themselves. IMHO, unless the GPS is free then you might consider the Nuvi 550. It's smaller of course but it's less than $300. It's basic GPS instructions with no audio but it will get you there if you can read and have a good idea of where you're going to start with. It's waterproof to boot. Of course, if money is no object, by all means spring for the BMW or the Zumo 660 unit.

I like maps. I always take some with me and have an RKA tank bag with a map case for a quick glance.

As for lights, twistedthrottle.com advmonster.com have LED options that could be just the extra lighting you need. I have some advmonter lights but haven't mounted them yet. I also like the ones from Rigid Industries offered over at big dog cycle works.

As for mounts, twisted throttle has some very interesting mounts for lights on the RT.

racer7 has done a lot of research and adding of AUX lighting to his RT.
    Brian-NC
    (Matthews)
    Current bike
    2010 RT Ostra Grey