Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: pretty clever vanity plate

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    So, I'm in the car with the girlfriend (who is the owner of a not-too-clever vanity plate)
    when a car goes by with a clever vanity plate. Says I: "look at that vanity plate, isn't that clever". Says she: "Vanity Plate! So you're telling me that I'm vain? How dare you tell me that I'm vain. Wah Wah Wah. Boo Hoo Hoo."
    She actually started crying and sobbing that I should be so insensitive.
    I should have pulled over and made her walk.
    You insensitive brute.
    I think I'd start to give her more space, if I were you, if you know what I mean.
    Maybe get together once a year or so.
    2000 R1100RT-P

After that episode, and a couple more like it, she got the old heave ho.
    Life is too short to put up with crap like that.
    It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKAZ View Post
    Let's see...if I remember my chemistry, that'd be lbSiO2, wouldn't it?
    Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

I always liked . YRUNVS
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 850 Norton Roadster
    If it ain"t broke... fix it till it is.

There were a couple of matching Mercedes around town with vanity plates that never made much sense to me until one day I saw them parked side by side at home in the same driveway. His and hers Mercedes!..... One was TABA and the other was SLOTB
    Neal - '09 R1200GS / '81 R65

Caribbean Druid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    So, I'm in the car with the girlfriend (who is the owner of a not-too-clever vanity plate)
    when a car goes by with a clever vanity plate. Says I: "look at that vanity plate, isn't that clever". Says she: "Vanity Plate! So you're telling me that I'm vain? How dare you tell me that I'm vain. Wah Wah Wah. Boo Hoo Hoo."
    She actually started crying and sobbing that I should be so insensitive.
    I should have pulled over and made her walk.
    I would suggest the proper course of action in this instance is the immediate re-evaluation of a relationship that is (a) apparently based on Party A being taken advantage of by Party B, and (b) wherein Party B affects this advantage by emotional displays, (c) thereby playing on the sympathies and hormonal drives exhibited by all such Parties A known to mankind.

Given the subsequent evaluation of said relationship, and a subsequent determination that Party B is in fact guilty of the suspected behavior, then application of one of the following remedies is recommended:

1. Party A should immediately render Party B mute through judicious use of the immovable force (Duct Tape), whenever muffling is required. Advantages: Inexpensive. Easily Portable. Quick Applying. Disadvantages: Party B may resist. Solution: Employ help.

2. Party A should consider permanent removal of Party B from Party A's immediate surroundings. Advantages: Don't have to carry Duct Tape anymore. Disadvantages: Party B may throw things. Solution: Duct Tape Party B's arms to prevent aerial projectiles while permanent dissolution announcement is being made.

3. Party A, as a last resort, can hire outside assistance to permanently dissuade Party B from ever reassuming a position in proximity to Party A. Advantages: Someone else does the dirty work. Disadvantages: Party B may struggle. Solution: Duct Tape.

By simply applying logic and a problem/solution process, we now see that Duct Tape seems to be the single, most obvious solution. In other words, if it moves and it shouldn't...Duct Tape.

Quote Originally Posted by dwestly View Post
    I would suggest the proper course of action in this instance is the immediate re-evaluation of a relationship that is (a) apparently based on Party A being taken advantage of by Party B, and (b) wherein Party B affects this advantage by emotional displays, (c) thereby playing on the sympathies and hormonal drives exhibited by all such Parties A known to mankind.

Given the subsequent evaluation of said relationship, and a subsequent determination that Party B is in fact guilty of the suspected behavior, then application of one of the following remedies is recommended:

1. Party A should immediately render Party B mute through judicious use of the immovable force (Duct Tape), whenever muffling is required. Advantages: Inexpensive. Easily Portable. Quick Applying. Disadvantages: Party B may resist. Solution: Employ help.

2. Party A should consider permanent removal of Party B from Party A's immediate surroundings. Advantages: Don't have to carry Duct Tape anymore. Disadvantages: Party B may throw things. Solution: Duct Tape Party B's arms to prevent aerial projectiles while permanent dissolution announcement is being made.

3. Party A, as a last resort, can hire outside assistance to permanently dissuade Party B from ever reassuming a position in proximity to Party A. Advantages: Someone else does the dirty work. Disadvantages: Party B may struggle. Solution: Duct Tape.

By simply applying logic and a problem/solution process, we now see that Duct Tape seems to be the single, most obvious solution. In other words, if it moves and it shouldn't...Duct Tape.

Nice.
    2000 R1100RT-P