Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frame vs. Handlebar fairing

Had a Windjammer years ago and now ride with a Parabellum Scout on my R1200R.

Windjammer is heavy, bulky and in my opinion not very attractive. Puts too much weight forward on the bike and is not good for handling or riding on rough terrain. Also limits visibility of the road up close.

Parabellum Scout is so light as to not have a noticeable affect on the handling or suspension. I have never felt like it was causing an issue when riding in the wind and boy do we get wind. I think it is good looking on the bike, certainly more contemporary than the WJ. They are very well made and provide good protection for the torso. With handguards and tank panniers mounted it can provide very good protection, or you can put a low screeen on and have the look of a cafe racer.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

... certainly more contemporary than the WJ.
    Easy enough to understand since the Windjammer series development ended in 1981. But I think it's still a good fairing, even with it's weight issues; I've ridden thousands of miles behind one. I had a small bikini fairng on my LWB /5 for awhile with no issues (beyond having to tuck down tight in the rain).

Charly Perethian, owner of Parabellum, puts a lot of effort into the develop of his products. I've known "Chas" since I went to work for him in 1978, at the Vetter Fairing Company (he was the R&D Manager for Craig Vetter).
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Speaking of Parabellum Scouts... .

There's one up on eBay, with four days remaining; new, never installed, with tall and short wind shields.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parabellum-S...a53f3d&vxp=mtr

Disclaimer
    : it's not mine.

Lew Morris

Thanks for the link. Fairing, no fairing; large fairing, small fairing; frame mount, handlebar mount..... to each their own.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Fairing, no fairing; large fairing, small fairing; frame mount, handlebar mount..... to each their own.
    +1

I ditched using my WJ years ago (although is still resides up in the attic at my shop). I rides with the wind my face and the bugs in my teeth now.

Lew Morris

Thanks for the EBay referral but I have a 1975 R90/6 and the one on EBay would not fit my bike.

Thanks for the EBay referral but I have a 1975 R90/6 and the one on EBay would not fit my bike.
    Sure it will; the fairings are identical. You just need to contact Charly or Brenda at Parabellum and get the mounting hardware kit for an R90/R100 airhead.

Call (706) 864-8051

Lew Morris