Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I love my R1100RT !!

My 04 RT. What a great bike. I plan on riding her for a few more years, or if the RS makes a come back with the new wet head engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    We have a winner. I rode one like this for almost 80K BMW bring back the RS..
    I rode a silver RSL like that for thirteen years. It remains one of the prettiest machines ever.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by dbrick View Post
    I rode a silver RSL like that for thirteen years. It remains one of the prettiest machines ever.
    And she only has 1600 miles on her all put on since last February, if you can believe it. I might install new tires this winter but the original Bridgestones look like new. Best beemer I ever owned. I wish BMW had stayed with this model and just made small mods to make it into an RT and done little things like leave off the wind screen motor to keep weight low down. Would have been simple to create a more up-right seating position with just a bit more wind protection and kept the style the same. Kind of like they did when creating the RT from the R100RS. I remember in 1977 when my ride was an R75/7 and BMW introduced the R100RS in silver with blue pen stripping. The dealer displayed it at the county fair that year and lots of people fell in love, myself included.
    Jammess

I did some of that stuff on mine. Barbacks were helpful, and GS footplates dropped the pegs about three inches. That was just heaven! The stock seat was good for ~500 miles. All in all, it was the most comfortable bike I've ever had. The current R12R (lowered pegs and Rich's seat) is close, and when I get the aftermarket bars fitted that are now sitting on the workbench, it'll be good too, maybe better.

But it sure won't look as nice.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    My Y2K 1100RT is poised to turn 100,000 (3rd bike back) and will do so next weekend if the weather does not turn too cold & wet.

The other RT in the picture is owned by a riding buddy and has well over 100 K on it.

They're not the sexiest oilheads by a long shot - that honor is shared by the RS, the R, and the Rockster.
    And all that plastic is admittedly a PITA when it's time for maintenance.
    But, every time I set out for a long ride - especially in dicey weather - I'm really glad it is mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: FY K100RT, '80 XS850 with Vetter Quicksilver, '67 Bonnie, '66 Honda 90