Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I love my R1100RT !!

Smile I love my R1100RT !!

She might be a fat girl but she sure can dance!!!!

Mine is a bit chubby but we can work things out!
    Attached Images Attached Images

JohnWC
    Brewmeister,
    Nice paint job on the outer side cases and top case lid. They look good. I assume that it is a custom paint job, that they didn't come that way.

I like the different ways that folks use to make their motorcycles their own. A farkle here or a bit of paint there. Interesting. My 04RT with some Mariner Blue highlights. By the way, a great dancer also.

r243ehdva8q6dekfb19w.jpg

Then there is....
    Jammess

R1100rt

I just bought a 1999 1100 RT with 53K miles on it, glacier green. So far I love it. I will post pics when I get some.
    Last edited by JHUDSON; 10-29-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    I feel the same way about my 1100RT. It just "fits". Other than the seat that is! I think I might have a pinched nerve or a sciatic issue but the docs can't figure out why it hurts all the time. So I can't blame it on the bike. All my bikes cause me great PITA but I love riding em anyway!

Mine came with painted bags and top case also. They look great but very susceptible to scratches during close encounters with ... anything really.

Here she is on day two of ownership on the Tail Of The Dragon headed for Vancouver BC from Raleigh NC. Image captured by an auto cam on Oct 31, 2010. Must have had all of 6,500 miles on it by then. Despite the time of year and distance from home I could not resist this bike.

MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

I gotta say for my money the 1100RT bikes really have it looks wise.
    Jammess

JHUDSON mine is Glacier Green also!I love this color! I also have an 85 K100RT that is glacier Green......

Sorry guys, R1100RTs were pretty, but the R1150RTs had the happy headlight. Think of it as a speed enhancement.

Cool almost red

I love mine despite its almost-not-quite-red-i-suppose-technically-in-a-pinch-it's-red-but-the-italians-would-never-use-this-paint kinda red
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

Had my R11RT-P for sale, until today. I liked her from the moment I got her. Did some upgrades (Ohlins, PC3, Rick Mayer seat, Two Brothers Exhaust, CeeBailey Tall windscreen, driving lights, HID headlight) and she rides like a dream. But when I got the '10 R12 GSA, I just could not justify keeping two Beemers. I finally let someone else ride her. Seeing and hearing her on the road from the outside point of view ... well, as I said, she was for sale, until today.
    Gear Up and Ride Safe
    Jim Rogers
    2010 R12GSA aka Heidi
    Yorktown, Va

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rogers View Post
    Had my R11RT-P for sale, until today. I liked her from the moment I got her. Did some upgrades (Ohlins, PC3, Rick Mayer seat, Two Brothers Exhaust, CeeBailey Tall windscreen, driving lights, HID headlight) and she rides like a dream. But when I got the '10 R12 GSA, I just could not justify keeping two Beemers. I finally let someone else ride her. Seeing and hearing her on the road from the outside point of view ... well, as I said, she was for sale, until today.
    Evening Jim,
    I know where you are coming from as I have 3 of these beasts and I can't seem to part with any of them. I put the '04 1150RT up foresale but I just couldn't do it. The picture of the pearl silver '94 R1100RSL is mine and you can just barely see the '81 R100RT and the blue 1150 in the background.
    Jammess

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rogers View Post
    well, as I said, she was for sale, until today.
    I know that feeling. I look at the latest/greatest that are out right now, then ride mine in the parking garage and listen to the growl or toss it around some curves. I'd have to be nuts to get rid of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Red100RT View Post
    r243ehdva8q6dekfb19w.jpg

Then there is....
    We have a winner. I rode one like this for almost 80K BMW bring back the RS..
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com