View Poll Results: Have you had at least ONE fuel strip fail?

Voters
527. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - 2005 model year

28 5.31%
  • YES - 2006 model year

19 3.61%
  • YES - 2007 model year

61 11.57%
  • YES - 2008 model year

73 13.85%
  • YES - 2009 model year

97 18.41%
  • YES - 2010 model year

40 7.59%
  • YES - 2011 model year (R1200R only I think..)

17 3.23%
  • YES - Multiple fuel strip failures - please note model/year in a comment

43 8.16%
  • NO - fuel strip failure. Please note year/model in a comment

187 35.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Fuel strip poll

Threaded View

Fuel strip poll

This is a simple poll to try to gather some info on what the failure rate of fuel-strips for various year bikes was.

Since this will include some years where BMW used both strips and a float assembly, I'll try to take that into account. If you've had multiple fuel strips - please note that in a comment.

* I'm making this an open poll, so usernames will be visible (if you care) for the poll results.

* I'm also allowing more than one selection since some members may have more than one bike in the years covered.

Right at the beginning - I'll sticky it so it stays up top. Once it has served it's purpose it will be un-stickied.

UPDATE: I accidently forgot that the 2012 R1200R still was delivered with a fuel strip. If you have had a failure - please log it under the 2011 model, and make a note in a posting. I'd edit the poll, but I think that clears it of all results..

UPDATE #2: This seems to have not been clear enough, so in case anyone actually reads this before voting:

THIS POLL ALLOWS MULTIPLE CHOICES:

• Example: If you have a 2007 R1200xyz and a 2008 R1200xyz - and both had failed fuel strips - you should check both off.
    • Example: If your 2007 R1200xyz had more than one failed fuel strip - you could check off the option for multiple failures. That selection should only be clicked on IF you had multiple failures on ONE bike.
    • Example: If you also own say a 2009 R1200xyz and haven't had a fuel strip fail - you can check that off also (and please note this, with year/model in a comment/posting after voting.)

The intention of the poll is to get an idea of the yearly distribution of failures. It is not intended to be scientifically valid, since that's impossible with the simple polling mechanism Vbulletin allows. I also do not have the numbers of bikes sold each year with fuel strips - so that is also a consideration. Some models were not produced in some years, which will additionally skew the results.

Thanks for voting, the results are interesting (but not scientifically conclusive by any means) so far.
    Last edited by deilenberger; 10-29-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Missed a model year..
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche