Thread: WTT: Standard Rear Shock for Low Rear Shock

WTT: Standard Rear Shock for Low Rear Shock

My wife has a 2010 F650GS with 1,200 miles on it and it is the standard suspension bike with a low seat. We need to still get it lowered a bit via the suspension and am curious if anyone has a F650GS with the factory low suspension rear shock that would like to trade for our standard height rear shock? If interested, let me know what mileage is on your shock and we can go from there. I figured if we make a swap, we each pay our own respective shipping / insurance costs. Thanks!

Update: I ordered a Wilbers low shock for the bike and no longer interested in a swap. Will post up the stock shock for sale once the Wilbers arrives and is installed. Thanks!

some other options for selling are the F800 Riders forum...

F800 Riders

and Parallel Universe on Adventure Riders

Parallel Universe

That should cover all your bases...

I'm happy with my Ohlins... but if i could have found someone to trade for the standard height shock i would have...
    Ich Fahre Nicht Zu Schnell, Ich Fliege Nur Niedrig
    Oklahoma Adventure Trail

Hi Everyone, just a reminder- until we can figure out something different for this "basic" kind of commerce/trading- please take the discussions off screen to e-mails or pm's.
    Thanks, The Mod Team.
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by shropdog View Post
    Update: I ordered a Wilbers low shock for the bike and no longer interested in a swap. Will post up the stock shock for sale once the Wilbers arrives and is installed. Thanks!
    Don't forget that the side stand is different and if you have a center stand, that it also might need to be cut down.
    Steve
    So many roads - so little time.
    2013 R1200GSW

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    Don't forget that the side stand is different and if you have a center stand, that it also might need to be cut down.
    This is really not a big deal (to shorten the center and or side stand) I did both when I took 2" out of my F800 with a Hyperpro kit. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Standard Center Stand is fine

My wife's low F650GS has the OEM stand. The bike goes up easy.

mike