Thread: Windshield suggestions for 1995 R100GSPD?

Windshield suggestions for 1995 R100GSPD?

Hi Folks,

Looking for a windshield for my 95 R100GSPD. I want something that is a bit taller and maybe wider to provide more protection against buffeting. My research so far seems to point toward one of the Parabellums.

Any comments or experience with the Parabellums?

Any other suggestions for windscreens?

How about suggestions for a deflector on top of the OEM windscreen?

And I don't want to make any modifications to the bike to accomodate other windscreens...

Thanks for the help,

Chris
    1969 Triumph Bonneville T120R, 1972 Commando 750, 1974 Vespa Rally 200, 1974 Commando 850, 1975 Commando 850, 2010 Triumph T100 w/sidecar, 2011 BMW R1200RT, 2013 Honda CB1100

I had the Parrabellum Sport

on mine... Loved it.
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

This clamps on to stock screens...

I take mine on/off depending on speed and weather conditions. Stops buffeting at highway speeds for me...and catches a lot of bugs, keeping them off my visor! It's a cheaper route to try additional height and you can always sell it it you don't care for it.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/2...ersal-Clamp-on
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

scqtt
    The Parrabellum works, but it fell out of an ugly tree & hit every branch on the way down.

I liked how it worked, but I hated how it made the bike look. (that is saying a lot, because I am normally a function over form sort of guy that LIKES ugly bikes)

I have the large Parabellum on my 93 GSPD. On pavement I often use the extender that Steve provided the link to. Provides great protection. I've ridden just about every dirt road in Alaska and many in temperatures at or below freezing, and I often appreciated the screen. Here in Montana I rode it in near 100 degree weather and kinda wished I had put the stock screen back on. It ain't pretty for sure. I just recently narrowed mine a bit. The screen has indentations on each side that are designed to accommodate the hand guards. I cut-down the screen above the indentations so that it is the same width as the indentations. Looks much better in my opinion and was very easy to do. If I get motivated I'll trudge over to the shop and take a picture.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

'92 R100GS '81 R100/t brittrunyon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    I have the large Parabellum on my 93 GSPD. On pavement I often use the extender that Steve provided the link to. Provides great protection. I've ridden just about every dirt road in Alaska and many in temperatures at or below freezing, and I often appreciated the screen. Here in Montana I rode it in near 100 degree weather and kinda wished I had put the stock screen back on. It ain't pretty for sure. I just recently narrowed mine a bit. The screen has indentations on each side that are designed to accommodate the hand guards. I cut-down the screen above the indentations so that it is the same width as the indentations. Looks much better in my opinion and was very easy to do. If I get motivated I'll trudge over to the shop and take a picture.
    I'd luv to see a photo.........................
    1992 R100 GS, 1981 R100/t, 2007 F 650 GS

No Rules Photography at http://brittrunyon.com/
    My riding videos @ http://vimeo.com/user2721333/videos

Me too!
    1969 Triumph Bonneville T120R, 1972 Commando 750, 1974 Vespa Rally 200, 1974 Commando 850, 1975 Commando 850, 2010 Triumph T100 w/sidecar, 2011 BMW R1200RT, 2013 Honda CB1100

Not the best pictures, but here ya go.......

Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

'92 R100GS '81 R100/t brittrunyon's Avatar
    Thanks for the photos..............
    1992 R100 GS, 1981 R100/t, 2007 F 650 GS

No Rules Photography at http://brittrunyon.com/
    My riding videos @ http://vimeo.com/user2721333/videos

Laminar Lip worked for me. 6'0", 32" inseam.

Paul

I agree with the looks and coverage

of the full-sized Parrabellum. I went with the SPORT shield. About 2/3 the size of the touring shield and about 50% bigger than stock.

It was perfect for me.
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......