Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: '13 BMW F800GS - "one of the BEST"

'13 BMW F800GS - "one of the BEST"

Just took delivery of two '13 BMW F800GS and we are really loving to move from our 2010 F650GS. We find the ESA to be a big plus on the crappy paved roads we find around where we live and elsewhere. Can't wait to take them out for a real trip!

Cheryl's White F8

Our garage is happy again

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Very nice! This is the bike I am looking at for off-road, or more likely all-road riding next spring. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

will post when we get a good feeling for the off road but I think we have an idea how it will do.

added some rox risers today. Cheryl has a TT GPS mount that she will need a different set up when she installs her risers too. I had 20mm on my 650 and they seem to do the trick. On the 800 I need more of a rise and pull back for some reason. Cheryl also feels the need for risers on this bike when she didn't on the 650. Still have to adjust them tomorrow. Move the brake and clutch perch a little to relieve the right brake line. Clutch is OK but want to perches to look even. No need to change cables.

Also, need to ride a bit to see exactly where I want the bars. I think I will get a wire harness for our GPS and mount so I can use it when not with Cheryl

In this next picture need to scoot the bars over to the left a bit

I've been thinking about risers for mine. I have the BMW GPS and handlebar mount, though, and wonder if the risers would put the GPS in the way of the speedo and tach.
    --
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light
    '13 F800GS

you might have to relocate the GPS like Cheryl will. Have you thought about Aux lights? We have Denali lights and haven't seen an existing mount option yet to place them on the bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
    you might have to relocate the GPS like Cheryl will. Have you thought about Aux lights? We have Denali lights and haven't seen an existing mount option yet to place them on the bikes.
    I have SW Mototech crash bars and there are holes on each side where additional foot pegs could be mounted and I think they would also work for aux lights. That's the idea I am researching now, anyway. I'd hate to have to move my GPS, I really like where it is now since it makes it easy to glance down and see it and all the gauges.
    --
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light
    '13 F800GS

we thought about mounting them on the crash bars...they would have to be inside the bars to avoid getting damaged if the bike drops. There is a place under the beak by the radiator that looks good if there was a bracket.

we thought about mounting them on the crash bars...they would have to be inside the bars to avoid getting damaged if the bike drops. There is a place under the beak by the radiator that looks good if there was a bracket.
    Good point, I would have lost my right side light already if they were mounted there.

I've also looked at PIAA aux lights and they have a mount that attaches to the nose and puts the lights inside the radius of turn signals so they'd be fairly well protected. You can also just get the brackets and It looks like they should work with other types of lights.
    --
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light
    '13 F800GS

we have to stay clear of the signals...legal wise...we are gonna wait to see what Twisted Throttle does. They say they are working on a bike specific mount...eta..who knows.

How tall are you and did you get the low suspension or regular?

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    How tall are you and did you get the low suspension or regular?
    short. Almost 5'5", 30.5 inch in seam. Got the regular height and low seat.

Love the bronze color!

Congrats!!!

By the way, the GS Giants aren't all about the 1200, ya know!

Jack Herbst
    will post when we get a good feeling for the off road but I think we have an idea how it will do.
    Didn't you have 650GS's (twin)? Why did you trade to 800? Would be interesting to know.

Thanks Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."