Thread: 1978 R100RS Turn Signal Relay

1978 R100RS Turn Signal Relay

Sometimes the turns signals work, sometimes they don't, sometimes I can hear the clicking of the relay in the headlight. I think it is going bad. I have looked on the parts fiche and several different relays are listed. Can someone out there in BMW cyberland tell me what part I am looking for?

Thank you. I always appreciate the help from those more knowledgeable.
    2004 R1150RT Biarritz Blue
    1978 R100RS Cafe Racer
    Often wrong.....never in doubt.

P Monk

Hella flasher

Mine was doing exactly the same thing. Pulled off the headlight and checked the connections which were clean. The replacement is a $93. Called Mororrad Electric and talked to Rick. He has a flasher for about 1/3 of the price of the hella but will take some rewiring as it is a 3 pole flasher and the ground wire is not used, since my bike is a rider not a show bike I ordered one. Both Capital Cycle and Max have the original flashers.
    P. Monk
    74 R90/6 (also know by bride as the Black Hole). 09 R1200 GS. My wife, 1953 model who has survived aplastic anemia and a bone marrow transplant.

I have also found if the battery is a little on the low side they tend to do exactly what yours is doing. /5's are worse.
    www.boxermetal.com
    www.facebook.com/boxermetal
    VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694, ABC #600
    Hi my name is Chris and I am a slash-five-o-holic.