Thread: Great BBQ and no ethanol

Great BBQ and no ethanol

Two weeks ago my wife and I had the good fortune to discover a great little BBQ place in Jonesborough Tenn. The owners told us they had recently relocated to this spot in a gas station which happens to sell ethanol free gasoline.
    The pulled pork was without a doubt the best I've ever eaten and the side dishes were tasty and generously sized. I have no connection to this business but I would recommend it.
    The Parsons Son BBQ
    101 W. Jackson Blvd.
    Jonesborough, Tenn.
    realmccoy

Quote Originally Posted by realmccoy View Post
    Two weeks ago my wife and I had the good fortune to discover a great little BBQ place in Jonesborough Tenn. The owners told us they had recently relocated to this spot in a gas station which happens to sell ethanol free gasoline.
    The pulled pork was without a doubt the best I've ever eaten and the side dishes were tasty and generously sized. I have no connection to this business but I would recommend it.
    The Parsons Son BBQ
    101 W. Jackson Blvd.
    Jonesborough, Tenn.
    Two perfect fuels.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Thanks! Perfect distance for a day ride from my house. I bought my Burgman scooter near there last fall. Wonderful friendly people in the area.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Jonesborough is a historic town and once was the capitol of Tennessee. Of course, great riding in east Tennessee as well as good food.
    Jim Dubick
    Boaz, Alabama
    R1200RT,R100/7,KLX250
    BMW MOA, BMW MOALABAMA

If you want to hear a story or two, go the the Jonesboro Storytelling Festival. http://historicjonesborough.com/stor...borough-tn.php
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

isn't that pretty close to where we had a rally once upon a time?
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

Quote Originally Posted by alabeemer View Post
    isn't that pretty close to where we had a rally once upon a time?
    Yep. Just down the road (less than an hour)from the Tennessee Rally.

Parson's Son BBQ

We were visiting family in the area and stopped in for lunch. The food was great and the parson's son is a very personable host. We learned about how the business came to be and how much it has grown in a span of about one year. If you are in the area, be sure and stop by for a very tasty meal.

Bob Schrader

Quote Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
    We were visiting family in the area and stopped in for lunch. The food was great and the parson's son is a very personable host. We learned about how the business came to be and how much it has grown in a span of about one year. If you are in the area, be sure and stop by for a very tasty meal.

Bob Schrader
    I took my riding buddies there in the early summer and had a great lunch. I do have a "problem" though. It is one of about a dozen good BBQ places within a hour and a half of my house. How do you choose? Sometimes we just happen to be in the neighborhood. Sometimes we pick an interesting route to get to one. Sometimes, we just have a hankering for a certain one since they are all slightly unique in their own way.

Very true- this part of the planet has a bunch of good places (as well as too many that serve greasy stuff done wrong) and plenty of folks who can intelligently argue for one over another.
    Gas vs wood, eastern vs western, best parts of the pig, or whatever, and the other possible themes never go away as new younger fans get into it.
    Someone has to keep sampling to try to determine the definitive answer, even if we never get to it...

After we settle the barbecue questions, we can debate who does the best hush puppies..too many machine squirts these days for my taste.

Folks from elsewhere may not understand how profitable these places can be. One of my favorites was staffed almost entirely by the owner's daughters who all had college degrees, most had advanced degrees. But they did 'que (wood, hand basted old style as well as the best chicken I've ever had anywhere) for the nearly 6 figure incomes they all knocked down nearly 20 years ago! If you're good- around here they will come for sure...Most would not think such incomes possible selling such a low priced product but if you keep overheads low and quality high, it can be done -which is why new folks try new businesses regularly. Needs a serious work ethic, though- long days starting early if you really aspire to top of the pile- its not about appearances. Not well know to those outside the state is that some of our best known pitmasters are African American from a long tradition and many with lots of years at their establishment..
    Last edited by racer7; 10-17-2013 at 02:25 AM.

There are only three basic food groups...........BBQ beef, pork, and chicken
    Tim2

Another one bites the dust

Sad to say, this Friday is their last day.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/arti...n-jonesborough
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Jonesborough to Jonestown. Sad to here.