Thread: Firefox 16.0.1

Firefox 16.0.1

Yeah Firefox wants to upgrade again. Whatever version I'm running now works fine and I hate to mess with things that are working. And....... when I went to the first new feature (security and stabilization?) to see what it was going to do for me it sent me to the Mozilla Blog.........complete with the warnings and the get me out of here box. OM

btw Java is looking for an upgrade also
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Resistance is futile.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

There was a security vulnerability in the latest release of Firefox, so they pulled it back.

Java (not Javascript) apparently has some inherent vulnerability that has recently been reported, although I haven't heard that there's an exploit out there for it. Expect the Oracle people to be working late to fix it.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi View Post
    There was a security vulnerability in the latest release of Firefox, so they pulled it back.

Java (not Javascript) apparently has some inherent vulnerability that has recently been reported, although I haven't heard that there's an exploit out there for it. Expect the Oracle people to be working late to fix it.
    That's interesting Darryl. When things don't seem to add up- I keep looking.
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

FireFox

If they fix it one more time it won't work at all....................
    Gene T