Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Return to the Blue Ridge Parkway

Blue Ridge Summer 2012

I was also in that area at that time... Weather was Not so great.. Stayed in Little Switzerland. Good Bar..Good Beer Good Music..Lots of BIkes.. and sports cars.. Even in the crap weather.

Was still nice.. and I am going to try to go back next year.. ...Hopefully the weather will be better.. It looked like would be good views... But it was so foggy could not see anything...

Nice RR!
    Nice pix, as well. I, too, have ridden sections in intense fog and/or rain. As "they" say, no such thing as a bad day on a motorcycle! .

Listen, tho- I DO have one LITTLE complaint- no pix of the BSA!?!?

I find no surprise in there being multiple post-season RRs on the BRP.
    I just had a great November ride north from Roanoke to Front Royal.
    I posted it Just Ridin', if anyone cares to see. Thread titled Solo On The BRP.
    It was as solitary a ride as is possible on this wonderful stretch of roadway.

Someday, I WILL ride our "National Treasure" end to end.

Be The Change You Want To See In The World

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider88 View Post
    Nice RR!
    Nice pix, as well. I, too, have ridden sections in intense fog and/or rain. As "they" say, no such thing as a bad day on a motorcycle! .

Listen, tho- I DO have one LITTLE complaint- no pix of the BSA!?!?

I find no surprise in there being multiple post-season RRs on the BRP.
    I just had a great November ride north from Roanoke to Front Royal.
    I posted it Just Ridin', if anyone cares to see. Thread titled Solo On The BRP.
    It was as solitary a ride as is possible on this wonderful stretch of roadway.

Someday, I WILL ride our "National Treasure" end to end.

If you ever get the opportunity, do the Parkway end to end and do it both ways on the same trip. I have done it twice and the Parkway is totally different when you do it in the opposite direction. The views and the roadway is an entirely different experience. I think we took five days, including most of a day in Cherokee, NC.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.