Thread: BMW Motorcycle Owners of GeorgiaÔÇÖs Iron Horse Lodge Overnighter

BMW Motorcycle Owners of GeorgiaÔÇÖs Iron Horse Lodge Overnighter

Just a reminder that it is the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia’s Iron Horse Lodge overnighter this weekend (Saturday/Sunday October 13/14). Here’s the link to the club's forum postings: http://www.bmwmoga.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3160

If you are in the Atlanta area and thinking about your riding options this weekend around organized events, it is pretty safe to say that heading to Iron Horse Lodge in the Stecoah/Robbinsville, North Carolina, area and using in it as a base to ride around the Deals Gap and the Cherohala Skyway is going to be more interesting than anything you’ll find around Birmingham………….
    Last edited by R100RT_Mark; 10-11-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    Mark

Current - '74 TR5T : '93 R100R : '06 ST3s ~ Past - Variety of British, French, Italian, Czechoslovakian, and German bikes from the '70s, '80s and '90s

Quote Originally Posted by R100RT_Mark View Post
    Just a reminder that it is the BMW Motorcycle Owners of GeorgiaÔÇÖs Iron Horse Lodge overnighter this weekend (Saturday/Sunday October 13/14). HereÔÇÖs the link to the club's forum postings: http://www.bmwmoga.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3160

If you are in the Atlanta area and thinking about your riding options this weekend around organized events, it is pretty safe to say that heading to Iron Horse Lodge in the Stecoah/Robbinsville, North Carolina, area and using in it as a base to ride around the Deals Gap and the Cherohala Skyway is going to be more interesting in the than anything youll find around Birmingham.
    Racing, old bikes and needed parts are all part of the enjoyment of motorcycling. Don't be a hater.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

Quote Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
    Racing, old bikes and needed parts are all part of the enjoyment of motorcycling. Don't be a hater.
    Did not say it well, meant to say "more interesting roads than youll find around Birmingham"

I do not think I have ever come away from Birmingham with less bikes/bike stuff than I went with - less temptations riding in the mountains......
    Mark

Current - '74 TR5T : '93 R100R : '06 ST3s ~ Past - Variety of British, French, Italian, Czechoslovakian, and German bikes from the '70s, '80s and '90s

Quote Originally Posted by R100RT_Mark View Post
    ...less temptations riding in the mountains......
    nice two-step, Mark!

Unfortunately, my son is getting married tomorrow, and I'll be riding over to Barber at oh-dark-thirty on Sunday.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

From about 38 miles due north of Atlanta, you can pretty much ride all the way to Deal's Gap and back without hitting an interstate or major highway. Excellent ride.
    R75/6, 2004 R1150RTA.

Iron Horse with the BMWMOGA this weekend was great weekend. Runs included Cherohala Skyway West to East on Friday; Wayah Rd West to East on Saturday; NC 28 south to Franklin and then US 441 etc back to Atlanta Sunday. Perfect temperatures. Dry camping at a great site ÔÇô Iron Horse is a nice facility and the BMWMOGA camaraderie just added to the fun. Logged 475 miles total and 38.4 mpg on my 1994 R100RT. Put it on the calendar for next year if you get the chance.
    Mark