Thread: Where to cut in a fuse on a /5

Where to cut in a fuse on a /5

My new /5 is one of the early pre-fuse models. Any thoughts on the best wire/spot to add an inline fuse? The fused bike diagram shows two of them, would rather stick with one for simplicity, and put under the seat by preference. Maybe with a fuse block so I can add 12V devices later.
    Tim

1973 R75/5
    1982 Suzuki GS750T

Quote Originally Posted by stucknarut View Post
    My new /5 is one of the early pre-fuse models. Any thoughts on the best wire/spot to add an inline fuse? The fused bike diagram shows two of them, would rather stick with one for simplicity, and put under the seat by preference. Maybe with a fuse block so I can add 12V devices later.
    One for the gray wire and one for the green wire. This covers the lights and anything that is affected by the ignition being on.
    www.boxermetal.com
    www.facebook.com/boxermetal
    VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694, ABC #600
    Hi my name is Chris and I am a slash-five-o-holic.

One for the gray wire and one for the green wire.
    Which are the two wire "fused" on the later /5 From terminal #15 (green) and terminal #58 (grey) on the main switch board.

From a purely K.I.S.S. point of view, I think I'd fuse the green and grey, and add another circuit for "other" apps. That way the bikes electrical circuits remain intact, any subsequent problems with "other" apps will not affect the machine and will more easily located.

just my $.02USD
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner