Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2012 R1200Gsa 600 mile check rear main seal

Quote Originally Posted by espressoforyou View Post
    This will be your second repair for the same problem and your third seal. Check on your states "lemon laws". For Tennessee the law states:
    "A "Lemon" is a motor vehicle sold or leased after January 1, 1987, that has a defect or condition that substantially impairs the motor vehicle; and the manufacturer, its agent, or authorized dealer cannot repair the vehicle after three attempts or the vehicle is out of service for repairs for a cumulative total of 30 or more days during the term of protection. This Law is only applicable if the vehicle was bought new. Under the statute, the manufacturer must replace the motor vehicle or refund the purchase price (less a reasonable allowance for use)."

Based on my experience I would not hesitate to use the "lemon law", but you have to follow the guidelines.
    Not all states' laws cover motorcycles.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Dixie, the land of cotton

Thanks David, good to know.

Thanks for info David.

Angry 2011 RT Warranty rear main seal failure too

Mine went at 6000 miles or so. They replaced the rear main, counter balance and output seal too because they were "weeping". Been in numerous times for other warranty repairs since but not seals. Now at 13500. Confidence gone though. 13 months old, been towed in 3 times for different things.