Thread: replacement front disc for 74 R90/6

Hybrid View

Question replacement front disc for 74 R90/6

I would like to replace the front disk on my 74 R90/6 with a drilled disc. Any thoughts on where to get the best deal on one? Also, any thoughts on making this change?

Mark
    Land of OZ

Monza Blue 1974 R90/6
    I replaced my original cast (no holes) rotor. Although stopping power was ok and it (and the pads) was within spec, I had suffered for a long time with a squeal that I couldn't get rid of.

I replaced it with with an EBC drilled disc and at the same time put on new EBC pads. I thought the EBC price was good value. Works great. No squeal. You'll have to get used to a a "new" sound from the drilled rotor.

Spiegler is another source. They will modify your rotor to a floating design. I considered this, but ultimately went with EBC.

Lots of feedback in this forum on options.

Barron

Thanks for the info Barron.

I put floating EBC's on my K75 and Spiegler floaters on my R65LS.

Hands down: Spiegler is much better.

Not sure Spiegler is the best deal but I don't compromise with brakes!

Good luck!

palica
    Grimeca discs are on sales at Motobins in October.

Maybe it is a waste of time and money, but I am also trying to get better brakes out of my /7, which has the same brakes as the /6. Perhaps it's a lost cause and I am just being stubborn. But, EBC pro-lite rotors and pads are my next step.

The EBC pro-lite rotors MD602LS and pads FA22 are readily shipped in the US and are a bolt on switch. This website seems to have the best price I have found, www.oemcycle.com (@ $200). I actually ordered these from denniskirk.com when violating one of my tenants of online ordering and paid a bit more, but I am pleased because life lessons can be harder. Best of luck in your pursuit of better brakes!
    Stan

AH# 13238