Thread: Connector contacts

Connector contacts

Hey all. I used the search tool but found nothing.

Does anyone know where to get to crimp contacts that live inside the various plastic connectors on our airheads? A few of mine are looking sleezy and I want to replace them.

Thx.
    "Better is the enemy of just good enough"

Which motorcycle model parts are looking for? Most of the "on line" dealers have them.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Checked all of the online fiches. I will call the dealer next but normally they guy I get on the phone there has only vaguely heard of motorcycles, never mind obscure airhead trivia.

Thought I'd try this forum first.

The bike is a 1987 airhead.
    "Better is the enemy of just good enough"

dealers don't know bmw parts?

I have found Max BMW sales reps quite knowlegable and helpful. Probably others out there are just as good but most of my purchases are from Max.
    74 R90/6 and 09 R1200GS. member of Christian Motorcyclist Association. Ride for Jesus!

Agreed, call Max and ask for Rusty (known locally as the king of the airheads).
    BMW R bike rider, horizontally opposed to everything...

Agreed, call Max and ask for Rusty (known locally as the king of the airheads).
    +1 on Rusty Gill. He's in the New Hampshire store.1987 narrows it down somewhat. "Airhead" is a generic term applied to BMWs. There is usually a model (R60/5, R75/5, R90/6,R90S, R100, etc) that follows the BMW part...
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

I'd suspect that most of them are standard sizes that might be able to find at Radio Shack or an online electronics supplier like Mouser (http://www.mouser.com/).

Just my $.02
    85 K100RT

When making an jumper for my voltage regulator and wiring for future (possible) use of an electronic turn signal flasher, I found the local auto parts store had the needed connectors. The BMW motorcycle connectors seem to be standard automotive type, although one would be wise to take a connector to the store to match up the size and prevent multiple trips. Here is a link to O'Reillys website (for example) with spade style connectors: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...0214/C0189.oap
    Stan

AH# 13238