Thread: Heading to Weaverville CA Friday

Hybrid View

Heading to Weaverville CA Friday

A few of the Sabre / Magna guys are getting together in Weaverville this weekend. (I've been on their list since mid 90's).

I'm leaving Everett Friday early and zipping down to Gramps Pass, OR then out to the coast, down to Arcata then east on 299 to Weaverville. So if you see some smuck on a dark green RT wave.
    Brian - Everett, WA
    www.pdq-signs.com
    99 R1100RT - Got Kewl-Aid? IBA - SS1K's, BBG
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

So I get down to Gramps Pass, OR and head towards the coast and there are some nice twisties through there. I didn't nuthammer but did enjoy zipping along and I got this strange loose feeling in the rear end. Everytime I stopped for a photo I forgot to check on it until I headed back inland from near Eureka on Hwy 299. I must have gone about 200 miles like this.

Anyway I get some gas and check the tire since I was once again in nice curvy roads and the entire swing arm, wheel and everything felt like it was loose. It moved all over. I pulled over into some shade, got out my tools and checked the bolts holding the wheel on and all tighter than a drum. Hmmm.... This doesn't look good.....

I limped to Weaverville, got a room and then up at 3:30 and limped the 700 miles home on Sat. I made a video and sent it to Paul and he gave me some tips to check on.

More later......
    Brian - Everett, WA
    www.pdq-signs.com

Paul gave me a few tests to try and it sounds like the final drive bearing finally gave up the ghost. I expected I'd have a large amount of fluid dripping all over but had a slight mist on the rim. I am quite amazed that I road it about 900 miles that way home. I have a spare in the dungeon so I'm looking forward to removing and seeing how my bronze bushings look after a yr or two.
    Brian - Everett, WA
    www.pdq-signs.com

Hey Brian!!

How the heck are ya??
    Tom - MOA #156706, Hayward, CA
    2006 BMW R1200GS Adventure, aka "Gretel"
    1983 Honda V65 Magna - SOLD
    http://www.flyv65.com

We missed you Tom, you should have come up. Ron's got a nice Tiger he brought up there. Only 2 sabmags but still a good time was had by all (except me).
    Brian - Everett, WA
    www.pdq-signs.com