Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Wethead has arrived....

Any mention of the new block still having a sight glass for the oil checking drill?
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Any mention of the new block still having a sight glass for the oil checking drill?
    It's an electronic sight glass that shows up on the computer so you don't have to lay on the ground to read it.
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

If you spin the bike around to the right side, it looks like you can see a sight glass.
    http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/...html&notrack=1

Here's a better picture.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

that's a serious circlip as well ...thanks!
    Steve Henson
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Has anyone come across a photo of a GSA with the wasser boxer engine?
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Did anyone notice the new Michelin Anakee 3's on the new bike? Haven't heard anything about them but the pattern looks different.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

This email is from a longtime BMW-addict friend of mine:

"By the way, saw a 2013 GS Adventure in Bentonville, AR last week. There are some 2013 GS's in the pipeline that have the current camhead engine. Dealer's can also order 2013 GS's with the watercooled engine. Glad to see the air/oil cooled versions available for one last year -- means they will be available on the used market for a while longer."

Interesting.
    Now: '12 R1200RT Midnight Blue Metallic / '11 Ural Patrol 2WD ridden to Alaska / '09 KLR 650 / '05 HD Heritage Softail / '08 Harley Sportster 1200C / '85 Yamaha VMax bought new. I wasn't ready to say goodbye: www.shaunlunt.typepad.com

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerImpersonator View Post
    Has anyone come across a photo of a GSA with the wasser boxer engine?
    Didn't they say next year?
    Steve Henson

From what I hear, the new GS will probably be labeled as 2014, even though it will become available in March 2013. Current models are for 2013. However, I read somewhere that BMW has indicated that as of end of October, Motorrad will cease production of current GS, to make room for the new GS.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
    From what I hear, the new GS will probably be labeled as 2014, even though it will become available in March 2013. Current models are for 2013. However, I read somewhere that BMW has indicated that as of end of October, Motorrad will cease production of current GS, to make room for the new GS.
    I wonder if the 2013 models will be sought out and sold at a premium price because they are the last of the oilhead GS or if they will be discounted to clear them out because they are being replaced by a "new and improved" wethead?
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Our local dealer told me today they expected to have a demo bike by April.

GSA Waterhead

Didn't they say next year?
    I saw 2 years in one of the early announcements. Seems like it will be a real design challenge to get more GSA fuel capacity on this bike with the 2 side radiators.
    92 K75s (never sell), 97 F650st (sold), 04 R1100s (now owned by a deer), and about 10 others

Quote Originally Posted by k75s View Post
    I saw 2 years in one of the early announcements. Seems like it will be a real design challenge to get more GSA fuel capacity on this bike with the 2 side radiators.
    They'll probably come with a little tanker trailer with a twenty gallon capacity. As an option it will have a built in fuel pump and transfer switch. The poor people will have to use a hand pump (also optional), but the dealers won't have those until the following year due to a engineering snafu at the plant in Kenya.
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90

Quote Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
    I have also been told that only the Rallye and Triple Black versions will be the only '13 camhead/ac models produced. Has anyone heard differently?
    2012 Ducati MTS1200St Ti
    2003 Aprilia Tuono Racing
    2012 Vespa 300 Super
    past: Ducatis, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, and some BMWs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    I wonder if the 2013 models will be sought out and sold at a premium price because they are the last of the oilhead GS or if they will be discounted to clear them out because they are being replaced by a "new and improved" wethead?
    Great question and one that I'm curious to see how it plays out. My thought is that the remaining silver and white ones (GS) will garner a bit more demand than the TB that has been in circulation for a while now. My feelings are mixed regarding the Rallye version.
    2012 Ducati MTS1200St Ti
    2003 Aprilia Tuono Racing
    2012 Vespa 300 Super
    past: Ducatis, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, and some BMWs as well.