Thread: Hello All..back after a 28 year hiatus!

Hybrid View

Hello All..back after a 28 year hiatus!

Hello All,

After a long slumber off motorcycles (28yrs.) I've decided to ride before I can't get on a bike anymore. I started at 12yrs old riding motocross bikes then moving up to road racing a Yamaha rd400 in the mid-70s until life got more complex. Fast forward, I thought start slow by buying a low used (2200 mile/yr) 1995 r1100rsl and have fun with it so here I stay. I also own a 1968 r50/2 that I'm in the process of restoring.
    Thank you for the opportunity to be involved with such a great group of people and motorcycles.

Steve (weeman)

Welcome back to the fold and welcome aboard.
    Gear Up and Ride Safe
    Jim Rogers
    2010 R12GSA aka Heidi
    Yorktown, Va

Steve: welcome.

And nothing like a 215 km/hr RSL to start out slow on.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    Steve: welcome.

And nothing like a 215 km/hr RSL to start out slow on.
    Rinty,

At almost 60 yrs next and having seen the other side of 150 mph in my youth I doubt I will ever exploit any thing near 215 km/hr. Thanks for the welcome you guys!
    Last edited by WEEMAN; 10-01-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: additional words

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Hey, welcome back, it was close to 30 years for me. I would strongly suggest you take the MSF course. As you know, there was no training back then, now there is excellent training. It's a fun weekend, proving to yourself that you don't know much.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by tommcgee View Post
    I would strongly suggest you take the MSF course. As you know, there was no training back then, now there is excellent training. It's a fun weekend, proving to yourself that you don't know much.
    I agree, took the course a few months ago myself. Well worth the time and money. Got a break on how much I have to pay Geico every year because of it
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

Quote Originally Posted by tommcgee View Post
    Hey, welcome back, it was close to 30 years for me. I would strongly suggest you take the MSF course. As you know, there was no training back then, now there is excellent training. It's a fun weekend, proving to yourself that you don't know much.
    I beat you to it! I took the MSF intermediate coarse this past weekend and enjoyed it. I did have a chance to ride on a permit prior to the coarse for a month just to get use to riding again. All I can say is "why did I ever stop"! I was married for close to 25 yrs and the answer was always " I can't have fatherless children"....I got that! Now since she decided to call it quits, I got back, so to speak, by getting a motorcycle and riding again.
    But getting back to what we were talking about yes it's a great coarse and I'm very glad I took it. There's never enough education.

Cheers!