Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reasonably Priced Beer!

Mad Dog--- YOU DONE GREAT at the last several rallys... Good Craft Beer at very reasonable prices. Rally mug quantity ---is a bargin for a craft beer. Go buy them at your local watering hole and see whay you pay. All day long $5-6 or more for Good to Great craft beers. As Mad Dog pointed out - the profit goes to keep other costs of running not only the rally but other MOA functions/benefits. I dont' mind contributine a few dollars with that in mind.

Mad DOg--- keep up the good work!

Thumbs up Fair pricing

As a home brewer and serious beer drinker I'm always thrilled that we try to provide decent quality beer at a reasonable price. As I got older I learned that with some things "quality over quantity' is the way to go, I still sometimes go wild on the good stuff, but firmly believe that we will sell more high-quality beer than "fizzy pish".
    I've helped out in the beer tent on several occassions over the last four years and don't recall too many customer complaints regarding the selection on offer- we certainly aren't ripping off our "captive consumers' on price and as several of you have mentioned there is always the option to buy elsewhere.
    To those who have issues with the system in place, step up and join us behind the bar next year- I guarantee you'll enjoy it and make some new friends.
    Cheers,
    Ian (the guy in the kilt)
    Ian Robert "Scoobs" Scobie

'92 K75RT, '02 F650GS Dakar;
    But fondly miss.. R80RT, R45,CB250RS,DT125MX,TS100

BMW Rider

Thank you for the kind words.

OK everyone...this falls under the category of "reasonably priced beer".

As Scoobs just pointed out, please consider coming to volunteer for a shift. Help us keep the cost DOWN ! We really would like to have you along, and it really IS fun.

{I bite, yes...but have had all my shots.}

MAD DOG
    Nat. Rally Beer Chair

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    BMW Rider

Thank you for the kind words.

OK everyone...this falls under the category of "reasonably priced beer".

As Scoobs just pointed out, please consider coming to volunteer for a shift. Help us keep the cost DOWN ! We really would like to have you along, and it really IS fun.

{I bite, yes...but have had all my shots.}

MAD DOG
    Nat. Rally Beer Chair
    It seems like it would be more fun than volunteering at registration............ But, registration has it's moments. Trust me. It's true. Really.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    It seems like it would be more fun than volunteering at registration............ But, registration has it's moments. Trust me. It's true. Really.
    Such as Steve Aikens, after being admonished to call for assistance if there is a problem, standing on the table and yelling loudly, "Houston - we have a problem"?

Just wondering!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

There is reasonably priced beer and there is cheap beer.

OK - so I'm a beer snob. I like good beer at a reasonable price but I hate cheap beer. If you like it, that's OK, but I like good beer at a reasonable price, and that's not cheap.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by brewmeister View Post
    You need to brew your own beer if you want it good and resonable cause your in charge as brewmeister.Make exactly what you like with quality ingredients.
    Just don't make your friends drink it...........Give them a bottle to take home. If you're good, they'll visit again. If not, they still might visit, thinking they don't have to drink the beer.......

Sincerely,

A beer snob with many homebrewing friends
    Last edited by 36654; 10-21-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Local taxes, regulations, and site vendor contracts have about everything to do with the price of beer at each rally. Be assured that your Board of Directors, the Rally Chairs, and the ED do everything possible to ensure the price of beer is as low as possible and that you have a choice of more reasonable as well as better beers. We do everything we can to prevent attendees from having a few drinks and then deciding to ride off the rally site to replenish. Profit is not a priority in this case - your safety is.

Muriel
    BMW MOA Secretary
    '07 F650 '12 F650 twin
    Running on One Cylinder - except when running on two

Why are Beemer riders so dang stingy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Why are Beemer riders so dang stingy?
    Oh, I hate to say this:

Saving up for a new fuel strip?

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Oh, I hate to say this:

Saving up for a new fuel strip?
    Right on Paul, I will be getting #7 installed on Wednesday.

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Quote Originally Posted by rockers View Post
    ..especially with the endless supply of "Wooden Nickels" that benefit only the worthy. Was at the "RA Rally a couple years ago. They had a private charity organization sell and serve the Beer (no volunteers needed) for a 22 ounce mug at $2.50!
    Maybe you should stick to RA rallies JK, Bob.....

As far as being "worthy", those wooden nickels went to rally chairs (who worked many hours) to give to all the "worthy" volunteers that helped.

Just sayin'
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair

After a four hour shift on the gate, a free beer seems a pretty small reward. I think "the worthy" become that way by working their behindsides off so others can have fun.

I have a complaint.
    I liked the Single wide IPA served at the rally and got to drinking that at home after the rally. I tried more beer from the Boulevard Brewing Company and really like the Tank Farmhouse Ale 7.
    This damn stuff cost $10 for a 4 pack.
    Who do I complain to for getting hooked on good beer
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

I like and appreciate a 'premium' beer, but time and time again I bring home Natty Light. Drink it from a glass. I would drink it even at twice or thrice the price!

On a side note, if you don't drink beer from a glass, you are missing half the flavor!
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT