Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with these clowns

The Saga Continues

So I just got off of the phone with the service department. First thing said was that I was on their mind and they were going to call me yesterday.

BLUF: The bike is still not finished because they are waiting on the panel from Germany since the US supplier doesnt keep it in stock and they have no idea how much longer. Best guess was a week to 10 days more.

I am starting to go through withdrawls here. Its a good thing I love within walking distance of work. CAN I GET A LOANER HERE!!! Bueller...

Left Coast Rider
    On the rare occasions where I have had issues with a service department, I have one conversation with the service manager and if that doesn't satisfy my requirements the next conversation is with the owner.

A rational explanation with him about what I need to "feel loved" has always, without fail, resulted in satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    On the rare occasions where I have had issues with a service department, I have one conversation with the service manager and if that doesn't satisfy my requirements the next conversation is with the owner.

A rational explanation with him about what I need to "feel loved" has always, without fail, resulted in satisfaction.
    My Phone conversation was with the service manager. Perhaps I should see if I can get a weekend job over there and straighten things out. That would be super cause then I could get good service and money for farkles.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by TeKnophile View Post
    Perhaps I should see if I can get a weekend job over there and straighten things out. That would be super cause then I could get good service and money for farkles.
    If this happens I promise to buy all my farkles from you.

You are way too patient... Something is not right and they are playing you.
    I'm with the previous posters here, this dealership is the problem.
    I was given the run around on a part once by the dealer in my area. After driving there twice for nothing I decided to go to the web and ordered it on line from a dealer with a very good reputation out in the north east. They also told me it had to come from Germany, but the big difference was that it was at my door step 5 days later and it cost me less...
    Guess what, after several frustrating experiences with that dealer, they lost my business for good. That was the last time I went...
    Few months later, they were out of business and based on what I read on local forums, nobody felt sorry for them.
    Your situation really smells like BS.
    Good luck,
    Eric.
    01 F650GS Dakar
    03 R1150RT

prediction

This will not end well.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

My advice, start drinking heavily. No, actually buy a trailer so you can haul to another dealer. I understand this one is closer but don't enable them by doing business with them. I would be tempted to pick my bike up and tell them to shove it. Bad dealers happen. Just because you like bikes and open a shop does to mean you know customer service. This goes back to what I have said here before, most dealers suck. Most dealers are opened by guys who like to wrench. Guys who like to wrench are operations minded and not people persons. In fact most of them hate dealing with public. A good dealer is hard to find because it has to opened by a sales guy.
    Kevin
    "I ride therefore I am"

2012 1600 GTL

You really don't want your bike at a shop with money issues- you might get it stuck there for a while if they go belly up.
    Once in a while it takes a few weeks to get stuff from Germany because it really isn't available in inventory there but those are pretty rare. These guys are either broke, dishonest, inept,, or a combination of those. (Actually, they sound like stoners who happen to like bikes)..

Quote Originally Posted by Jogitu View Post
    A good dealer is hard to find because it has to opened by a sales guy.
    I don't think that is a good barometer for success...a few dealers(2 in the Houston area) opened with a car dealer mentality by "sales guys"...they were closed in less than two years.

Kinda snobby attitude towards rider/wrenches as well. I bet more are operated and successfully by this combo, but it's just a hunch.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

TeKnophile, I live in Monument and have a trailer if you decide to take your bike to Denver for service; I also work near Denver BMW. I recently took my 2010 R1200GSA to the Springs dealership for the 6k service which went relatively smoothly. It really would be convenient to have a shop locally that was efficient and trustworthy. Let me know if I can help you with the trailer?

Thanks for all the support fellas. I am good on the trailer. Problem is that the bike is in the middle of a warranty repair with some old and some new parts on it and not in running condition as the clutch goes straight to the bar with no resistance.

Well here is the latest.

1300 Friday I broke away from our work function to go kick the door down at the dealership. I marched straight to the back to find the regular shop manager was out but his second was there. I said hello and "take me to my bike you have had her for 16 days." We walked back and found the bike mostly assembled but with out the new panels mentioned earlier. When I asked the fill in stated he believed that the parts had just come in that day. I then told him that I expected to hear for sure as well as how soon I could have my bike back.

1746 Friday I got a call from the shop to tell me the bike would be ready sometime Saturday afternoon and that they woudl call me around lunchtime Sat to let me know.

1324 Saturday I called the shop since I still hadnt heard anything and I was already out in town (we live on base) and didnt really want to get home only to turn around. No answer so I left a message.

1515 Saturday I get a call from the shop telling me there is bad news. The parts were in fact in but now they needed to order a special tool to evacuate the clutch. Are you F*#$$&%# SERIOUS!!! Is it really that hard to bleed the clutch? Is this your first time?!?!? You are a dealership isnt that why we are supposed to bring our machines to you? Is it just Lenny in the back drooling on all the bikes or do you actually fix them, WT.

How basic can this be.
    -Know what the job is, check.
    -Reveiw service manual for procedures and REQUIRED TOOLS, fail.
    -Order parts in a timely fashion, fail.
    -Check the parts when they come in, fail.
    -If everything is in good order notify customer and make appointment, fail.
    -If something comes up (once) notify the customer immediately, fail.
    -Dont keep making the same mistakes, fail.

Of course they are not open Sunday or Monday so I told him I wanted results Tuesday. At this point I was too tired to go burn the place to the ground but I am getting there... 19 days in the shop and counting. Perhaps the dealer should pay this months payment for me. Thank god I didnt buy the bike there.

Today took the morning off to take my wife to some appointments and then lunch only to be caught staring wistfully at all the guys out on bikes.

*sigh* Perhaps its just me being an irritatible motorrad addict but I want my bike back and in better shape than when I brought it in. I dont want half assed excuses, partial work, lack of contact and follow up, oh and more excuses. I must be getting old before my time.

Thanks again to all for letting me rant.

The problem?

Thank god I didnt buy the bike there.
    FINALLY...The missing part of the equation. Why was the bike not returned to the selling dealer for repairs? He already had a relationship with you and your wallet. This dealer only has a bike he did not sell taking up shop space.

Good luck ever getting satisfaction.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post
    FINALLY...The missing part of the equation. Why was the bike not returned to the selling dealer for repairs? He already had a relationship with you and your wallet. This dealer only has a bike he did not sell taking up shop space.

I am A/D USMC and bought the bike back home from the dealer in Oregon on the move out here from Okinawa, Japan.

That part of the equation should be moot anyway as I started frequenting the place as soon as I got to Co Springs and spend over $550 in accessories, and made friends with all the sales staff (a few of which are former military) long before I started talking service. So far the only troubles are the service and an inflexible sales manager.

Regardless this level of service is even unacceptable in the third world countries I have visited these last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post

I don't agree. The dealer makes money in his shop (or at least the good ones do) and this is a chance to show you top notch service so you would consider them when you purchase your next bike.

If a business thinks they can afford to run off customers because they didn't buy the vehicle there, they won't last long.

Several independent BMW shops in Colorado prove that money can be made providing quality service to BMW owners.
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

Left Coast Rider
    1515 Saturday I get a call from the shop telling me there is bad news. The parts were in fact in but now they needed to order a special tool to evacuate the clutch. Are you F*#$$&%# SERIOUS!!!
    No, they're lying to you. This is just their excuse of the day. It seems they have a book full of them.

You need to speak with the shop owner. Phone him/her, book an appointment, go and talk. Dealing with shop managers and their seconds has been a total waste of your time and resulted in near complete frustration for you.

When you do go to meet the owner - no weapons, right?