Thread: New Guy in Colorado Springs

Hybrid View

New Guy in Colorado Springs

Greetings all. I have been lurking for a few months now but still wanted to introduce myself. I recently bought a 2011 K1300S (red; the only color for a bike like this) after returning from a 3.5 year tour overseas before which I had to sell my previous bike as part of the move to Japan. This is my first BMW and I must say its fantastic and you quickly forget how many sacrifices other bikes make (like front end dive under braking). Glad to be a part of the community and looking forward riding with some of you.

Semper Fi,

Tim

Tim -

Welcome to the forum...and out of lurk-mode! Hope you enjoy the bike. And also hope you weren't affected by the recent fires near COS...quite a scene seeing some of the pictures.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Thanks for the welcome! No I wasnt really affected as I was in the process of moving from Japan at the time. Well I guess it was hard to find a house and all the rents/hotels had spiked in price due to the demand. But in no way did I suffer the tragic losses so many have.

Always looking for someone to ride with so look me up if your in the area.

Welcome

I was stationed at Ft. Carson in the early 90's. Really love that area. Enjoy!
    2013 F700 GS
    Ostra Metallic Gray
    A boy lies in the grass unmoving staring at the sky...

Welcome

Welcome Tim. I live south of you, just did the Hwy 12 (Scenic Hwy of Legends) ride this past weekend to view the changing leaves. Very beautiful, but not quite at the peak. Maybe this coming weekend will be better. Unfortunately I'm now out of the country, so no riding for me for a few months.

Ride safe and enjoy Colorado!
    Piperjim

'95 R1100RS
    '61 John Deere 3010 LP

Thanks guys.

PiperJim keep your head down and look me up when you get back.