Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need a pair of K75S Bar-End Weights

Quote Originally Posted by detbmw View Post
    Do you think I could pull the two hand grips off and replace them with the stock closed-end grips you listed?
    You should not have any problems doing that. I slid an ice pick in under my grips to break any seal there was between the grip and the bar to help it come off. Those grips
    give some so you will have to work at it. It will take you a while to do. Just take your time.

If you get sick of trying, you can cut them off with a razor blade if they are not heated grips.

Like I said before, I am interested in the grips if you can save them. Just let me know what you want for them.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

If you have compressed air , you can blow some under while you pull , fly right off.
    Brian

86 k100rt, 78 r80/7

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    Like I said before, I am interested in the grips if you can save them. Just let me know what you want for them.
    I have ordered a set of the stock grips that Lee suggested from Bob's. I will try to get these off undamaged. I'll traveling on business (on my RT) so it might be a week or two before I can swap them out. I'll let you know how it goes.

I really appreciate everyone's input.
    Rich
    Night Black 2000 R1100RT
    Marakesh Red 1988 K75S "The S is, by far, the finest-handling BMW we have ever ridden." Motorcyclist, November 1986

Quote Originally Posted by detbmw View Post
    I have ordered a set of the stock grips that Lee suggested from Bob's. I will try to get these off undamaged. I'll traveling on business (on my RT) so it might be a week or two before I can swap them out. I'll let you know how it goes.

I really appreciate everyone's input.
    Hey, if it happens great, if you have to cut 'em up, that's cool too. My grips are in super shape on my bike so it is not really a big deal. Used grips are not really worth much.
    I just happen to like the K1 grip
    Lynn
    MOA #57883

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    I am interested in the grips if you can save them. Just let me know what you want for them.
    I have replaced the grips with OEM K75S grips; the compressed air worked like a champ.

There is some slight wear on the throttle-side grip, on the end towards the center of the bar.

If you will either pm or email me ( detbmw@gmail.com ) your name and mailing address, I will send them to you. USPS shipping should be $5 or less. When you get them you can decide what they are worth and send me that much, plus shipping.
    Rich
    Night Black 2000 R1100RT
    Marakesh Red 1988 K75S "The S is, by far, the finest-handling BMW we have ever ridden." Motorcyclist, November 1986

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeone View Post
    If you have compressed air , you can blow some under while you pull , fly right off.
    Thanks for posting this great tip; my heated grips have stopped working (possibly started about the time I had a parked tip over last year) and I should investigate why before our cold wether sets in.

If I need to replace them, well, good excuse for trying something like the K1 grips.
    ---Jeff '94 K75S Berlina

ex: R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2

Quote Originally Posted by Zagando View Post
    Thanks for posting this great tip; my heated grips have stopped working (possibly started about the time I had a parked tip over last year) and I should investigate why before our cold wether sets in.

If I need to replace them, well, good excuse for trying something like the K1 grips.
    Why not use the heated version of the K1 grips?

If my brain serves me well, K1 grips are slightly longer than normal brick grips.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883

OK, Lynn, I might consider those if they will fit (imagine same they are the bars/specs) but I don't really need or want longer grips; the stock ones seem fine to me.

I'm hoping it's something like a broken connection that I could fix but won't know until I remove them.
    ---Jeff '94 K75S Berlina

3 Red Bricks
    Hint: Is it only one grip that doesn't work or is it both grips?

If one grip, it's probably that grip.

If both grips, it's probably in the common wiring under the tank, the switch, or a fuse.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Heated grips on my '94 K75S

Hi Lee; Just saw your post. It's both grips and I am tending to suspect the switch or an intermittent connection somewhere.

I'll be taking the tank off again when I get the new FPR so will look around the wiring under the tank as well. Don't think it's a fuse as I think they were all OK last time I checked. But the grips have worked intermittently over the last year or so hence the bad connection hypothesis.

Any clues as to where and what the heated grip wires look like will help.

I'll try to pull the grip switch out and have a look at that with my multimeter as well.

Sorry for the slight diversion off-topic...
    ---Jeff '94 K75S Berlina

3 Red Bricks
    You can follow the two wires that come out of the center bottom of the handlebars and follow the switch wire. They plug into a Y harness that is about a foot long that is stuffed under the tank.

The Y harness has one leg that the two grip wires plug into, one leg that the switch plugs into, and one leg that plugs into the main harness (on the left side, 6" forward of the frame crossbar) where it picks up the power from the bike.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Thanks for the precise description, Lee; I'll check it out next week when I start working on the bike. Knowing where to start is a big help---thanks again!
    ---Jeff '94 K75S Berlina

RK Ryder
    K75S bar end weights can be found in the Flea Market for $10.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/flea/detail.php?siteid=40189
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    K75S bar end weights can be found in the Flea Market for $10.
    I bought those weights, but they do not include a way to attach to my bars They're just the weights.

What do I need to attach them?
    Tim
    Olympia, WA
    1991 K75 - 121k Miles

Once again, there are no OEM K75 bar end weights, they simply don't exist

When I put the euro K100 Standard heated grip kit on my K75S it came with a new bar included - current fiche shows it as a replacement for the K75C bar though I believe the bar was slightly different, wider maybe, than the "C" bar back in 1996 or so when I bought it. The bar itself was not drilled/notched for bar end weights but it came with little anchors as Don has mentioned in a previous post that slid inside the bar and friction fit the included bar end weights. These may or may not fit your current bar. It looks like they are widely cross-model and still available though, part #61 31 2 300 084. They are #3 in this photo:
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages