Thread: 1985 K100RS throttle cable

Hybrid View

1985 K100RS throttle cable

I wish to replace the sticky throttle cable on my 1985 K100RS. I checked an on-line parts fiche and discovered there are two sizes offered: 969mm and 937mm. All 1985 K100RS models have the same handle bars, so how do I know which length to order?
    I don't want to remove the cable and measure it, as it would essentially put my bike out of service until I receive the (back ordered) new cable.

Mendocino, CA USA about as far left as you can get in the lower 48
    I would have your VIN, know if you have any bar-backs or not, etc, then call one of the tool free BMW dealer phones and have them tell you which it is you need. The longer sounds like it would more than likely be for the Standard or the RT.
    Jim Douglas '00 K1200RS >135,000 miles my primary bike again,
    Gone: '09 K1300S sold @ 22k mi, '93 K1100RS traded @ 78k mi, '85 K100RS sold @ 44k mi
    '06 Kaw 650R track bike sold
    http://www.seagullbb.com/

What's a Tool free dealer ? I didnt know that exist. I guess you mean toll free.

Makin It Fun!!!!
    ROC-ROC
    President of the Hoosier Beemers
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Knights of the Roundel

Rally Rat
    There was a recall on the throttle cable on your motorcycle. If your bike's throttle cable has it's adjuster several inches from the control, instead of at it, you need the throttle cable update parts, as well as this cable: 32 73 1 457 015 (the one described as 937mm). As I recall, if you use the longer cable, you can not adjust the free play correctly.

1985 K100RS throttle cable

Humm. Recall. I hope that means I can get it exchanged without cost, providing it has not already been done by the DPO.
    Thanks for the info!

K100rs throttle cable

Thanks for the info re the recall. I paid a visit to the local BMW dealer, and he mentioned not a word about a recall. Somewhere on the WWW I saw a collection of all the BMW recalls or modifications published. I can't find it now. Anyone have a clue? TIA