Thread: Vote Chad Yoshetomi Onto The US GS Trophy Challenge Team

Thumbs up Vote Chad Yoshetomi Onto The US GS Trophy Challenge Team

Note: The forum software will not let me spell Chad's last name correctly because it has a banned word imbedded. The correct spelling uses an 'i' where I have an 'e'. If a mod can correct this, then please do.)

Last week in Moab, UT BMW conducted the West Coast qualifier to select riders to represent the USA in the upcoming international competition in South America. Three riders were selected after a two day competition; three additional riders were selected in an East Coast qualifier. BMW, for reasons that escape me, has decided to select the final three riders based upon the number of votes each rider can get on Facebook. I'm asking for your vote for Chad Yoshetomi of Anchorage, Alaska. I believe you do not need a Facebook account to vote.

If you have ever attended Dust 2 Dawson you know that Chad (HackyMoto) is a remarkable rider. When you watch him you will find yourself thinking, "Oh no!!! There is no hope, he's going down." Then there is a roar of an engine, a cloud of dirt and out emerges Hacky with a huge grin on his face. He is Mr. Excitement on a motorcycle. Chad was first on day one of the competition. Riders rode a 40+ mile course and along the way were challenged to complete 2 dozen special tasks. On day two riders competed in a closed course that included events such as riding through a maze, over multiple heavy equipment tires and riding on a telephone pole; Chad was second in this event. If the final team were to be selected based upon skill, courage and performance, then Chad would certainly be on the team.

Vote here:

https://www.facebook.com/BMWMotorrad...64801563554262

Be careful scrolling down the screen to Chad. If you click on a rider's picture it will count as a vote.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

hsswan
    In total agreement. Idiotic way to chose a team representing US.

+1 Chad Yo****omi

THE "GRIZ"

Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    Note: The forum software will not let me spell Chad's last name correctly because it has a banned word imbedded. The correct spelling uses an 'i' where I have an 'e'. If a mod can correct this, then please do.)

I met Chad in Oregon.... man, that guy is *committed* !!!

(yeah, that's mud he splashed all over my fisheye lens!)

Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

DRohwer

He's the man

Voted for Chad, an incredible rider!

fighter
    I have ridden/traveled with HackyMoto for many years.
    I can't think of a better person to represent us in Africa.
    Done deal!
    Fite

Thumbs up

Thanks guy's for the plug

Welcome to the forum Chad.
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Wow, Chad they even let you use your real last name........
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent

Facebook

When I try to vote for Chad, next screen comes up with Facebook login. I don't have Facebook account

Quote Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
    When I try to vote for Chad, next screen comes up with Facebook login. I don't have Facebook account
    Some report getting that and some do not. You may have in fact voted. This entire process has been very poorly handled by BMW. The basic idea of selecting the team based on Facebook votes is ridiculous, and then the process has been poorly executed to boot. It is akin to selecting the homecoming King in high school.... a not very tech savvy high school.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent

Sidestand-Up

On the October 9th show Chad was discussed at some length. Listen to minutes 52-57 here: http://www.sidestandup.com/Pages/default.aspx

The voting period is almost over..... Vote for Chad!!!!
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent

HI Chad:)

I was GS Chairperson/Redmond and wish you well. Thanks for the helping hand you indeed pitched in, made my job at Redmond Rally easier. I remember your bike and yourself well, never really getting to say goodbye. Chad demo'd some neat riding skills for all us in Redmond before a gathering crowd to advertise the GS Trials Event. Quite a few talented GSers rode, but Chad did well, supporting the GS family on his GS1150. PLEASE come to SALEM, 2013 and we'll welcome you aboard the newfounded GSGiants Family. Happy Trails Chad, Randy"Polarbear"

US Team Announced

Chad Yo****omi, AK
    Ryan Frazier, AZ
    Carlo Boffi, Jr., NY
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I was GS Chairperson/Redmond and wish you well. Thanks for the helping hand you indeed pitched in, made my job at Redmond Rally easier. I remember your bike and yourself well, never really getting to say goodbye. Chad demo'd some neat riding skills for all us in Redmond before a gathering crowd to advertise the GS Trials Event. Quite a few talented GSers rode, but Chad did well, supporting the GS family on his GS1150. PLEASE come to SALEM, 2013 and we'll welcome you aboard the newfounded GSGiants Family. Happy Trails Chad, Randy"Polarbear"
    Thanks Polarbear! I had a good time helping you out it was fun. Plans are in the works for Salem.

Thank you everyone we did it.

BMW Motorrad Team USA