Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Russell Day Long VS Kontour Magnum

Russell Day Long for me, leather covered.

Bought Russell Day Long, leather covered in Feb '02 when bike had 67 k miles, now have 144 k miles and love the seat. Think it was $500.

Had a Corbin, vinyl covered before and the vertical sides would "crinkle" as I hit bumps resulting in much discomfort in around an hour. I tried bike shorts under my jeans, etc. I hated it because the seat hurt in about 1 hour.

Now the leather edges don't bother me as I ride and ride and ride. If I park and think its going to rain, I flip the cover on the seat or ride with the seat covered if it is raining. The bike is stored inside my garage, no cover needed there.

Now with many miles the seat's leather got thin near the tank at the edge of the seat. Well, a bead of "Shoe Goo" sticks to the leather, matches the black color and protects the thinner leather before it wore through.

Hope this helps.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gvgans3r View Post
    Also, How are you all ordering or have you ordered previous RDL? Anybody have first hand experience of the velour inserts vs a Beadrider??

Hesitant to go velour and a little surprised they haven't come up with a better fabric solution. Would be leaning toward Leather inserts otherwise.
    I have a beadrider on my RT; love it. It has transformed my seat so that i can ride for 12 hrs without pain. Great in the AZ heat as well!
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005