Thread: Seller warning

Rally Rat

Seller warning

Be careful in your dealings with a person with the id DanielDelgadoc@yahoo.com

He appears to be some type of scammer--keeps leading you on that he is a valid buyer and is arranging shipping and payment, but never follows through.

Hi Tom,
    I've run into similar problems recently as I sold a couple of trailers and a scooter.
    First clue is if they ask if the "item" is still for sale. Never mention bike or trailer, etc. A positive reply to that question goes right into making arrangements for a shipper and offering more money for the "inconvenience" of dealing with an agent. 90% of the addresses were gmail.
    I no longer reply to them, they go right to the blocked/junk setting.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

scammers

The people who fall prey to them, usually deserve it.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

I had a neighbor who once told me people who die in motorcycle crashes usually deserve it. I thought that was a pretty stupid thing to say.
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I had a neighbor who once told me people who die in motorcycle crashes usually deserve it. I thought that was a pretty stupid thing to say.
    Sheesh. I'm sure it's true in .0000000000000000012% of the cases.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post
    Wow, you sure sound like a nice guy.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Talking

Jerry is a nice guy! His tong n' cheek humor is a lot like mine...sometimes understood, sometimes not. FWIW Jerry, I got it.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Jerry is a nice guy! His tong n' cheek humor is a lot like mine...sometimes understood, sometimes not.
    I'll take your word for it Chuck.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Jerry, a lot of us who might get that you were being humorous sitting around a campfire when we could hear your voice and see your face, DON'T get it in a post.

Something to consider. If you want us to take your remarks as funny rather than just plain stupid, you have to be a bit clearer, or only your friends will understand.
    Doug
    1992 K100RS

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post
    I'll be a bit less subtle: Back in the 1960's(when I was young and slightly more trusting) I gave a guy a deposit of $25 on a Brit bike, which I remember to be a 650 Triumph. Anyway, when I went back he said it was sold & tough luck on the deposit. I went to the law (instead of other coarser means) & they said your word against mine. So you say I deserved him? There have been a few others over the years, like the guy that stole my Ducati in 1968 after giving directions to my home. I suppose that was my fault too? ( I know, never direct someone to your home is your way of dealing...
    In ebay trading & as one thats done many long distance deals I find it to be the real world out there & still trust most people in reasonable ways-are you suggesting distrust as a common thread in all transactions? Come on , it's a tough world but lets not make it worse

I don't think he is saying distrust everyone......just that we need to be trusting but verify. And when you do as much diligence as you can still be prepared for the worst. Just my two cents.

Went for a ride

Sorry I took a shot "across the bow" and then left for a ride; but it was a beautiful day here on the coast.

I too have been "taken"; and EVERY time after I looked at my actions...I deserved to get screwed. I grew up with 7 uncles and a smart dad. They gave me the tools to live a smart life; but of course, sometimes I either forgot their words or ignored them.

I have never gone to the police to correct an injustice against me; but I have traveled for more than a day to "settle a score". I am one of those that gets mad and then gets even.

I would wager that most of us have been on the losing end of a deal because we did not follow the good advice of others or even went against our own "gut feelings".

I have sold over 500 items on ebay and have had "buyers" fail to pay, complain about items "not as described" when the picture clearly showed the damage and the damage was in the listing. I know there are stupid people out there and there are crooks. I think I actually prefer the crooks; at least they know they are a crook, stupid people often think they are quite smart.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Jerry is a nice guy! His tong n' cheek humor is a lot like mine...sometimes understood, sometimes not. FWIW Jerry, I got it.
    Not to dig Jerry's hole deeper but it is very easy to get scammed,esp. in today's world(which is far larger than a few years back!!!) thus, when it happens it's flat out pissy to say I/we deserved it! Yes I've been scammed & no it wasn't my 1st trip around the block! As a certified curmudgeon I do understand various kinds of "dark humor". Now, I'll move on to being willing to say OK, I'm over my say.
    Jerry,I hope we can meet at the "campfire" as it will be fun for all.

We all have it coming Kid....

Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost