A bit of new information regarding BMW's supplier of engine oil. I saw this letter posted on the Airheads list. Looks like Spectro is no longer the supplier of BMW's engine oil....it appears to be Shell now.

########################

INTERCONTINENTAL LUBRICANTS CORPORATION
February 15, 2013

Dear BMW Dealer:

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is David Miller, President of Intercontinental Lubricants of Brookfield, CT, manufacturer of Spectro Oils and, until recently, blenders and
packagers of BMWMotorcycle lubricants. In 1985, BMW contacted I.L.C. to solve smoking issues with the two cylinder boxer engines in BMW motorcycles. I.L.C engineered an oil to resolve those issues, and began producing a line of lubricants exclusively for BMW using the highest quality base stocks and additives.

That same approach towards product excellence continued throughout our relationship. We are proud that BMW dealers and shops have been satisfied with our products and partnership
for many years. Unfortunately, for "corporate" reasons, BMW made the decision to consolidate all of its lubricant business with one supplier, for cars and motorcycles all around the world.
BMW products you purchase in the future will not be the superior lubricants we have been supplying, but will be sourced from another supplier.

We can't comment on or vouch for the BMW lubricants of the future, as we do not know their formulations or feed stocks, but we do know that the performance of Spectro lubricants will remain consistent to the products you have used in the past.

We will be happy to provide you with our engineered line of Spectro products, which are indistinguishable from the BMW lubricants you have been using and selling.

Please consider what we offer. For further information on how to obtain our products, please contact I.L.C. at (800) 243-8645.

Sincerely,
David Miller, President
993 Federal Road, Brookfield, CT 06804 ? Phone: 203-775-1291, Fax: 203-775-8720