Thread: Dayton MOA Chapter

Hybrid View

Dayton MOA Chapter

Thought I would see if there was any intrest in a Dayton, Ohio chapter.
    So...if there are any Dayton area riders that would like to look into this with me please post a reply...we can do it!
    B-est M-otorcycle (in the) W-orld
    Have Bike - Will Ride

Hello Dayton.....Anybody Home?

I must admit I am surprised that there is so little interest in starting a MOA Chapter in the Dayton area.
    My motivation is to develop some contacts with like minded folks that enjoy riding and sharing their experiences. I really like to ride with a friend instead of solo.
    There must be some of you out there because as of today there have been 35 views, but no response.
    So we can try this.
    As a precursor to a chapter we could create a social group within the MOA Forum.
    There is a section under the " User CP" tab that allows access to a area where
    " Social Groups " can " meet ".
    But first, somebody needs to reply to this post and then we can get started.

Anyone out thee?????
    Have Bike - Will Ride

There is supposed to be a Daytona club, contact details below.

Victor G. Harris, Jr (gerryvgh1@bellsouth.net)
    386-763-0010

Have you tried contacting them?
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

Sorry I thoigh you said Daytona, never mind.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

Quote Originally Posted by BinkleyLane View Post
    I must admit I am surprised that there is so little interest in starting a MOA Chapter in the Dayton area.
    My motivation is to develop some contacts with like minded folks that enjoy riding and sharing their experiences. I really like to ride with a friend instead of solo.
    There must be some of you out there because as of today there have been 35 views, but no response.
    So we can try this.
    As a precursor to a chapter we could create a social group within the MOA Forum.
    There is a section under the " User CP" tab that allows access to a area where
    " Social Groups " can " meet ".
    But first, somebody needs to reply to this post and then we can get started.

Anyone out thee?????
    I just happened on your post. Doesn't seem to be much BMW activity in the Cincy area either? I know this is mostly Harley country, and we both lost our dealers, but still?

I just looked at the Greater Cincinnati BMW Club web site, and as I see it,..not much activity for some time, many pages even come up [error]?

Thumbs up

Hello and Thanks,

I thought about joing the Cinci Chapter but they are 30 + miles from where I live and just about all my life has been in the Greater Dayton area.
    I know there are Beemer types in the area because I see them and their bikes allot. Saw a guy on a RT at a gas station a half a mile from my house the other day. Of course I know that does not mean that they are a member of the MOA. But they should be , LOL.
    The bottom line, I'm looking for some folks that like to ride that would be intrested in sharing some time together.
    Drop me a line, two are a start.
    Have Bike - Will Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BinkleyLane View Post
    Hello and Thanks,

I thought about joing the Cinci Chapter but they are 30 + miles from where I live and just about all my life has been in the Greater Dayton area.
    I know there are Beemer types in the area because I see them and their bikes allot. Saw a guy on a RT at a gas station a half a mile from my house the other day. Of course I know that does not mean that they are a member of the MOA. But they should be , LOL.
    The bottom line, I'm looking for some folks that like to ride that would be intrested in sharing some time together.
    Drop me a line, two are a start.
    Well Heck, if you've seen one in your neighborhood...you're already ahead of me!....they are seldom seen down here. Hard to see anything but H/D around here.

That said though, there is a group [Local Riders.com] that does a European Bike Night, right here in my little village [Milford] it's held on the last Thursday of the month @ approx 6:30 pm . If that is something your interested in? let me know & I'll post directions. There is also the "Fuel meet" which on the second & fourth Sundays from 10-Noon . it is held on Eastern,Ave [Riverside Drive] at a place called Fuel, a coffee shop. It is home to the Mods & Rockers.a local group & it does draw all brands .

Over on the west side of town ea,Tues is bike night @ the Comet, a bar on Hamiliton ,Ave and again, tends to draw all brands.

There used to be some BMW guys in the Dayton M/C club, but I'm not sure how they're doing lately. Although... their big event each year...the Hillclimb is coming on the 14th . It is held in Oragonia [just east] of Lebanon .

What do you ride? I have a 2004 Roadster, & just picked up a 2002 KLT..needs a little work.

Ron

I ride a 2012RT, just bought it from Ohio MC in Columbus.
    I have owned and ridden since I was 14 or 15, had a R90 in the FRG in the 70"s.
    I am retired and would ride everyday if I could, and I would like to organize a group of guys/gals that are like minded.
    MOA will assist in contacting Area owners that are members and my thoughts were to develop a " Greater Dayton " MOA Chapter. There is allot of territory in these seven counties up here + WPAFB and their has to be enough interested Beemer guys to start a chapter. I think the big challenge will be getting the word out there.
    So Ron, are you going to be member # 2 in the new G.D.BMW MOA chapter?
    You can help me set it up and be part of the " ground crew ".
    We could discuss this over a meal
    I will even pony up for the grub
    Maybe have an adult beverage
    Then get to work

Sounds like a good time to me.
    Any thoughts?

Have Bike - Will Ride