Thread: V-Stream Windscreens

Hybrid View

Morning Person

V-Stream Windscreens

Reading the V-Stream site, I am impressed with the technical explanation of the van Karman vortex and how it impacts the rider. From this explanation, this screen seems ideal, yet some reports would say it doesn't work.

In fact, the more I read about windscreens, the more difficult it is to choose. There are riders who've bought 2, 3 or 4 (and more!) windscreens, attempting to silence the F800ST noise monster, without success.

There's GOT to be a better way.

Would like all the V-Stream reviews (16" and 19" models) I can get. Please...and thanks.

Smile

I have the 19" one, which is a lot better than stock. I do wear eye plugs too.

Morning Person
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene View Post
    I have the 19" one, which is a lot better than stock. I do wear eye plugs too.
    I know you meant "ear plugs", so I won't make the obvious wise crack. How long have you had the 19" and can you provide some detail about how it feels compared to stock. Thanks.

I have a 19 inch V stream that I bought last March.

I like the stock screen better. V stream does silence and gives wind protection, but we have LOTS of crosswinds out here, and it acts a bit like a sail sometimes.

PM me if you are interested in buying it. I can't decide whether to see or keep it and try again.

So far, I don't mind the wind.

Morning Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartleby View Post
    I have a 19 inch V stream that I bought last March.

I like the stock screen better. V stream does silence and gives wind protection, but we have LOTS of crosswinds out here, and it acts a bit like a sail sometimes.

PM me if you are interested in buying it. I can't decide whether to see or keep it and try again.

So far, I don't mind the wind.
    Thanks for the offer, but...

The more I read, the more I think a higher screen is not the answer. I've read some ST owners switching to the shorter "S" model screen, which got their heads into clear, laminar wind flow and reduced noise. Not what I'd have intuitively expected. Also hear some favorable stuff about Puig racing screen for the "S", which I assume would work on the "ST" model.

Still searching...

Thumbs up

opps! I have had the 19" for two now , the wind now hides the top of my head instead of the center of my chest. Madstead or Aeroflow, I would go if did a do over, and don't complain about the COST!