Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I like the Schuberth C3, but

Ickchris,
    My C3 was tight in the cheeks also, laid helmet on its side put a 20lb bag of shot inside left it their overnight repeated for other side. No more tight cheeks

Unhappy A different experience with Schuberth linerr

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfr View Post
    I did contact Schuberth and they replaced it with a S2 liner for free. It feels slightly better, but the cheek pads still do not fit correctly under the liner. I am now starting to regret spending $700 for a helmet.
    With a new C3 liner denting my forehead, I called Schuberth and was told that buying a S2 liner to replace it would probably help. At my own expense. Not what I expect in higher end higher cost product.
    Gotta go...They're coming for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    With a new C3 liner denting my forehead, I called Schuberth and was told that buying a S2 liner to replace it would probably help. At my own expense. Not what I expect in higher end higher cost product.
    They did send me a free liner, but I can't wear my helmet silk anymore (helmet fits really tight).
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1

GT
    I decided against the Schuberth C3 after looking at the Sharp ratings from the UK.
    The C3 did poorly on side impacts. I went with the Shoei Neotech and I am very happy

Dave

The following F1 pilots wear Schuberth: Schumacher, Alonso, Rossberg.

Danica Patrick wears Schuberth.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Quote Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
    The following F1 pilots wear Schuberth: Schumacher, Alonso, Rossberg.

Danica Patrick wears Schuberth.
    Celebrity endorsements are worth less than what is paid for them.
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90

Anyone experience the sun visor dropping down on their C3, when it's not supposed to?

My wife wants to get me one for Christmas.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

John
    I have had mine for a year. No sun visor drop.

Thanks for the input. We went to the dealer today and I got a ...

Shoei Neotec.

It was more comfortable than the C3, and I was impressed with the ventilation system. The air scoop looks like the intake on a Snark.

Oh yeah, and I got the high viz flat black. But all of these helmets (including the RPHA Max, which I also tried on) are light.
    Rinty

Neotec

And now it's made the cover of the December News!
    Last edited by rinty; 12-21-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    Rinty

Schuberth C-3

The final solution for me was changing out the C-3 liner with an S-2 liner and the problem was solved.
    I told them that I thought it was unreasonable for them to expect me to pay $50 for an alternative liner
    after investing over $1,000 in their helmet and SRC system only to have the original liner making red
    marks on my forehead and causing me discomfort. I told them that I made every reasonable effort to
    resolve this myself over a year's time period before coming back to them. They gave me the S-2 liner for free and got
    it to me very quickly. The helmet fits like a glove and is quite comfortable, the SRC system functions really
    well and I'm quite pleased with the helmet. True, it took some patience and effort to get here, but I'm a
    satisfied customer and I feel that Schuberth did everything they could to make me happy. I hope this information
    is helpful for anyone else dealing with this problem.

Cool 36+ years...

After decades of riding, I now have my FIRST Schuberth, a C3. I have found it to be incredible and I want no other helmet. Now my son is going to get one for Christmas as well. Awesome craftsmanship, quiet, loaded with features and comfort. "That's all I have to say about that." ...Forest Gump

Rally Rat
    I have tried a C3 on several different times and I just don't get it, must not be for me. When I put my Arai on, its' comfortable from day 1 but I've tried multiple C3s in a few different sizes and they aren't ever comfortable. I'd love to own one, I just can't take the leap when it's not comfortable just sitting on my head.

Schuberth C-3 fit....

The representative at Schuberth explained that the problem with their helmet is based on the shape of your head. He said that
    people with round shaped heads (Charlie Brown Head) seem to have more problems with the C-3 than people with oval shaped heads. I
    know I have a round shaped head and therefore I had problems. The rep said that the S-2 liner addresses this problem for most people and
    the beauty of the C-3 and S-2 helmets is that the liners are interchangeable and can be used to adjust the fit for just about anyone. Arai helmets
    are generally recommended for people with round shaped heads like me as well, which may explain the earlier poster's success. I know
    it sounds like a load of manure, but the change of liners worked and mine fits like a glove now. Different head shapes, Different helmet fit,
    whoda thunkit?

Quote Originally Posted by Beemeup View Post
    The representative at Schuberth explained that the problem with their helmet is based on the shape of your head. He said that
    people with round shaped heads (Charlie Brown Head) seem to have more problems with the C-3 than people with oval shaped heads. I
    know I have a round shaped head and therefore I had problems. The rep said that the S-2 liner addresses this problem for most people and
    the beauty of the C-3 and S-2 helmets is that the liners are interchangeable and can be used to adjust the fit for just about anyone. Arai helmets
    are generally recommended for people with round shaped heads like me as well, which may explain the earlier poster's success. I know
    it sounds like a load of manure, but the change of liners worked and mine fits like a glove now. Different head shapes, Different helmet fit,
    whoda thunkit?
    This has actually been well known for a long time.
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90