Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starting that thread for the BDB rally

Back from the rally, had a fantastic time. Thank you Black Diamond Beemers for putting this on each year. See you again next year.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Excellent weekend, my mishap aside. The MARs group was well represented and looking to beat the Ocean State club out of the attendance award next year. thanks to the BDB for a great rally!

Poconos rally

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Excellent weekend, my mishap aside. The MARs group was well represented and looking to beat the Ocean State club out of the attendance award next year. thanks to the BDB for a great rally!
    Great to meet you, Tonya, and Roy and everyone else! Had a great time! The ride home was really sweet with mostly back roads all the way. A beautiful fall day with the brilliant sunshine and the foliage colors coming in. Today was wild animal day with several deer at one place getting us to stop so they could scatter off the road, then a short while later a couple of pheasants or turkeys fluttering off the road out of the way, and as if that wasn't enough right after the top of Mt. Adams in MA I encountered Mama bear and her two cubs crossing the road! Hard on the brakes for that last encounter to keep my distance from them. Wow! I've never encountered bears before and this was my first experience with the up close but thankfully not personal experience with deer.

Tracey, heal well... take it easy for a while; thank you for coming to introduce yourself to me. Wish we had connected earlier. Tonya, wish we had had more time to yak - it was fun talking with you. Roy, great to talk with you - thanks for coming to find me.

The music was a great bonus and that all turned out well. On Saturday night I don't know who was having more fun listening to the music - the kids or the ralliests. The music can be there next year! Thanks to BDB for a great rally in that gorgeous setting you've connected with. I'll do my darndest to be there next year!

Lfouise

I didn't manage to do the coordinated meet up with people around the campfire, but it was great to run into Tonya and Allyn again. Of course Jody with BDB is always a hoot. Chatted with Claire and her husband George around the fire on Friday.

Love this rally, and I chatted with some of our club members (along with Erik, dual BMWBMW and BDB member) about how to pitch in next year following the plea for help at Saturday dinner.
    Maria 2009 F650GS
    www.bmwbmw.org

It was great meeting up with everyone again (and also meeting a few new women as well) this past weekend, even if it wasn't "official" and a little mixed up with locations because of the music fest. (I never even made it to the new campfire location!). I am proud of the BDB members (and they know who they are) who really worked their buns off before the rally and keeping things running smoothly this weekend with the added potential headache of the music festival. It certainly made things interesting, didn't it!! And thank you, Maria, for already trying to think of ways to help out next year. I'm glad the message was received and I'm sure Ken and everyone else will be grateful for the help. Feel free to email him at blackdiamondbeemers@yahoo.com at any time. Look forward to seeing you all soon!
    Tonya
    2007 F800ST - Lovin' it!!

So the Mid-Atlantic RiderS is to challenge the Ocean State Club for largest club next year Challenge accepted... see you all next year.. That is if you guys get back to earth in time...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

We've had to call in a few more Giants. We're doing important work here!

Game On!

Love it!!
    Tonya
    2007 F800ST - Lovin' it!!

We've had to call in a few more Giants. We're doing important work here!

Game On!

Game On!!!! We will be ready for next year!