Thread: Motorcycle Friendly Motel

Pocono Bill

Motorcycle Friendly Motel

After the Rally my wife and I headed South on the I-5 before heading to the coast at Florence. I just wanted to pass on a good experience. We spent the night just south of Florence at the Ocean Breezes Motel. Nice folks and a nice facility. The owners, who are riders, said they want to spread the word that they are a motorcycle-friendly motel. I would stay there again without hesitation. Just thought I would spread the word.

Pocono Bill

Ditto for the Best Western in Clarkson, ID (adjacent to Lewiston, ID). Special parking for bikes, special motorcycle rates that were equal to a military discount) and an overall friendliness that made us feel welcome.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by Pocono Bill View Post
    After the Rally my wife and I headed South on the I-5 before heading to the coast at Florence. I just wanted to pass on a good experience. We spent the night just south of Florence at the Ocean Breezes Motel. Nice folks and a nice facility. The owners, who are riders, said they want to spread the word that they are a motorcycle-friendly motel. I would stay there again without hesitation. Just thought I would spread the word.
    Pocono Bill
    Couple/three years back, we pulled off of 101 at the north end of the river bridge in Florence, and found the River House Inn. Our room at the back had a balcony
    overlooking the river. Wife looked at river, and harbor seal in river looked back. The downtown has some neat little eateries - It was one of the
    better stops on a coast run that had a lot of good ones...

It has been a long time since I encountered any hotel or motel that was not motorcycle friendly. Almost all are used to the regular presence of motorcyclists.
    Some years ago, some places had signs that read "Please do not use our towels to wash your car". My motorcycle has always carried a sponge and a towel for washing.
    In Torrey Utah they turned it around. A box on the counter reads "Free rags to clean your motorcycle".
    dc