Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone near/in McKinney,TX able to verify condition of a used R1100s?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcy/3211627991.html

This is the hot rod 1100RS that he is also referring to. This too is about 15 minutes from me do if you have an interest let me know. Keep looking.

R1100s

Quote Originally Posted by bstolberg View Post
    First up many thanks to kind and helpful souls for the many suggestions and tips and especially to Mark who took time out on his weekend to look at the R1100S for me. When I started my search for a R1100S I had no idea how to do this on a national level. A friend suggested to join MOA because "they are the best people and resources you can find". While initially skeptic, I am a convert.

So closing the loop on 'McKinney'. Intrigued by a 8 year old 'new' BMW led me to make a couple of calls to the owner. He is probably one of the sweetest, honest guys you can meet on the phone and while somewhat flexible on the $'s, we were not able to come to an agreement. Simple math got in the way. A 2004 R1100S is valued at about $6,000. Accounting for low miles (less than 3,000 vs. 35,000+/-) is hard, but I figure anywhere between $1,000 - $1,500. So we are at $7,000 - $7,500. But, this is assuming that the bike is ready to get on the road and head to its new home in CA, which it is not. It needs new tires (the current ones are the original) cost $600. The bike has not been ridden for at least 2 years so it needs a complete fluid change at minimum, a full service if the BMW dealer in Plano gets his way. $500 - $800. Including these costs the price drops down to $6,200 - $6,500. And this is where the story ends. While the owner bought into my logic, taking a $2,000 cut from his asking price was not on his radar screen. $7,500 yes, but nothing lower. So the search continues: Mine for a R1100S, his for a new owner.

Cheers.
    Don't give up on an R1100S for another model. I have taken some long multi day trips on mine. With a Rick Mayer seat, lowered foot pegs, I can ride all day. I have seen two of these recently with over 90,000 miles and in very good condition.
    04 R1100s (gone), 92 K75s, 97 F650st

Quote Originally Posted by moralem View Post
    I think he wants to stay with R1100RS, boxer cup version. I can't post a picture off the I Pad but could snd someone a picture to post. This was the yellow color with matching colored wheels. It was beautiful.

Yes, the goal is the Boxer Prep model. Love the color scheme. Fall back option would be the standard model.
    Bolko

How did that one in Minnesota play out? It looked nice.

I see plenty of them in California, R1100S models, on Craigs, they seem to pop up regularly. Keep your eyes peeled. Keep us informed. I almost bought one for $3000 locally, but decided to hold out & save for a replica model.
    John.

Yup, that is exactly the one. It belongs to a guy who posts a lot, well used to post a lot, on the S-bike forum: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-r...0s-tech-forum/

Btw, if you're interested in S-bikes, that's the place to be.

This is the hot rod 1100RS that he is also referring to. This too is about 15 minutes from me do if you have an interest let me know. Keep looking.
    txmxrider
    2004 KTM 300 EXC
    1999 BMW R1100S
    2003 BMW K1200GT

How did that one in Minnesota play out? It looked nice.
    Talked with the owner in Minnesota. Bike checked out on everything except that it did not have have ABS. I am thinking that is an important feature to have when available.

Also, left multiple messages for the one in Michigan, but never heard back. Checked the listing today and it had been removed.

Still working on the one in Phoenix. A friend of mine is taking a look tomorrow/this weekend.

Slow process, but will be worth it!!

Quote Originally Posted by txmxrider View Post
    Yup, that is exactly the one. It belongs to a guy who posts a lot, well used to post a lot, on the S-bike forum: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-r...0s-tech-forum/

Btw, if you're interested in S-bikes, that's the place to be.
    Thanks for the pelican parts link. Looks like a great resource.

Thanks for offering. Saw that one a little while ago. For some reason a 'hot rod' BMW sounds all kinds of wrong. Thoughts?

using zoomthelist.com searches all craigslist, found these posted this week

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/mcy/3296294096.html

04- BMW R1100s - $5200 (New Jersey )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent condition; 10,800 mi. female owned, had 6,000 mi. service performed . oil/filter changed every spring and fall by owner; Factory 1 key system BMW hard bags, ABS front/rear; heated grips; 12 volt accessory jack; carbon fiber front/rear fenders; fiberglass (carbon fiber look) passenger seat cover; carbon fiber tank protector, low mi. Dunlop road smart tires. Shop manual included. This is an incredible riding experience. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE.

Silver in color.

Then a yellow one

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/3291690478.html

BMW 2000 R1100S - $4800

2000 BMW R1100S. 56100 miles. German engineering at its best! This machine is in excellent condition, see photos. Ask for more if you're interested. Factory saddlebags have carry handles and can be removed like luggage. Adjustable Bitubo shocks installed front and rear. Carbon Fiber front fender and fiberglass rear hugger cover low mileage Dunlop 208 tires. Bike has Anti-lock brakes and Heated Grips as well as a 12 volt jack for heated gear. All great options to have with the fall and winter riding seasons right around the corner. Also has a cigarette lighter socket for Radar/GPS/cigarette lighter up on triple clamp. I recently purchased it from the original owner who fastidiously maintained it. If you are into long distance rides, this is the bike for you. It gobbles up highway miles all day long but, also carves up twisties pretty well. Included with the bike are the comprehensive service records as well as 2 factory repair manuals and assorted spare parts and some service tools. Have clear title in hand.

There were a few other recent postings but the they were scaled a bit higher in prices.

Good luck
    NCS
    03 K 1200RS (Black is Best)
    03 Honda RC51
    74 Honda CB750 K4

Nice bikes, but he really wants one like the yellow one but with matching colored wheels and checker board pattern on the front fairings. Very distinctive and hard to find and if you can find one they want a lot for them.

Yeah it is kind of strange when you could just get a bike that was made to go fast out of the box and not have to tweak it the way this one is......keep looking.

There is always a paint shop as there isn't that much plastic and then order the decal. I would think getting the bit of paint done the wheels coated and decals wouldn't be much more than 1000 -1500. If a collector that wouldn't fly. If a rider might be a choice
    ?æCS
    03 Honda RC51
    74 Honda CB750 K4

There this is this grey and yellow prep model in Phoenix

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/3296835247.html

2004 BMW R1100S Boxer Cup Prep, low miles, exc cond. - $6900 (Tempe)

2004 BMW R1100S, the Boxer Cup Prep model, with 10,800 miles on it. Just broke in. Excellent condition. New Pirelli Diablo tires with less than 200 miles on them.
    Antilock brakes, heated grips, and lots of other standard features. Stock bike, hasn't been messed with! Come check it out. 6900
    03 Honda RC51
    74 Honda CB750 K4

He has seen that one on CL and I think a friend of his in Arizona is going to look at it for him over the weekend. That is exactly what he is looking for.