Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: taking delivery of an F 700 GS

After I rode my 2010 F650GS a bit, the most obvious upgrade for me were bar risers. They eliminated all shoulder pain. They also changed the way the wind hit me, so I bought an Aero-flow tall offroad screen, which I'm not super happy with, but it's an improvement over the helmet noise I got from the stock windshield combined with my bar risers. I am now considering getting the OEM screen that is taller.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer
    German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

Thanks Blubeast

I don't have shoulder pain but my left wrist goes numb after about 20 minutes of riding. Where's a good place to look for handlebar risers?

Thanks, Marty

Quote Originally Posted by packitout View Post
    Thanks Blubeast

I don't have shoulder pain but my left wrist goes numb after about 20 minutes of riding. Where's a good place to look for handlebar risers?

Thanks, Marty
    I have the Rox Risers which give you the rise and the forward to back- I like 'em.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...parts_id=10037
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Here's the link for the Verholen riser's I have:

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/produ...jbse2kimdu0il7

I had wrist issues before I added the risers, as my wrists were bearing a lot of weight while I was riding leaning forward so much. That has subsided. I also use the "Go Cruise Throttle Control" rather than Crampbuster, for long stretches. My wrist is not involved at all.

Here are some pictures of the risers installed on my bike. There is an extender for the brake line, so a couple are closeups of that. It has never, ever caused a problem or been over extended when turning the handlebars. Great design. I would advise having a professional install them. The BMW tech, who is very good, said that it was more complicated than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by packitout View Post
    Thanks Blubeast

Thanks, Marty
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer
    German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

K'nothead
    One option that one might wish to consider is a lower octane "map" for the engine management system.

Apparently, the map is already factory installed, and merely needs to be selected by the dealer's computer (apparently not doable with GS-911s). My dealer indicated that if done with the purchase of a new bike, it would be free; after purchase, it would be a half hour of shop time (minimum charge).

This would allow the 700 (and any other Beemer that accommodates it) to run on (North American) regular gasoline, that is 91 RON instead of the required 95 RON.

Certainly, it might make sense to get your bike re-mapped prior to a trip to Mexico or some other destinations where Super (Premium) is less available.

JP

Recycled Retread
    Picking mine up tomorrow or Tuesday! Bummer about the windshields...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I have the Rox Risers which give you the rise and the forward to back- I like 'em.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...parts_id=10037
    Curious....did you have to buy a longer front brake hose, or were you able to re-route? I ask because I put a set of Rox Risers on my wife's 2010 F650GS and the hose seems too snug. All other cables were fine with a little adjusting. Thanks!

ROX and mapping fuel!

I have used ROX Risers for 5 years now, very happy. The regular gas advantage is neat idea I have had on my GSA1200 from the start. IF its available,as said, you'd be wise to get r done and use regular if desired. I do not always use regular in my GSA, but I have the option and have many occasions, no issues. Congrats on new F700 buy. Family here looking too, at same bike. Randy

I just put a 18" Cee Bailey windshield on my new 2012 G650GS. I rode a little over 500 miles to Savannah Ga. and back this past weekend. New shield was wonderfull!!!
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

I just put a Touratech large touring windshield on my 2013 F800GS and it makes a big difference in wind noise and buffeting, although I have only tested it up to 55mph or so. I'm keeping the stock one to put back on if I need to for extended off road trips but I think the Touratech one will be fine there too.
    --
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light
    '13 F800GS