Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How about #$$HOLE RAGE?

How about #$$HOLE RAGE?

So, really just how big an #$$hole are you? You drive down the right side of the line of traffic going straight through the light on Water street because at 4:10 pm it's long and the turning lane (right) is short. And you arrive at the space I've left between me on my motorcycle and the Toyota ahead of me and decide that I've left that space just so you can pull in and you do. About 1/2 way. So you're stopped at an angle, half in the straight through lane, half in the right turn lane, occupying the space in front of me. I decide to not just let it pass and I roll up beside your rolled down window and say

"Excuse me, do you think I'm waiting for a bus here?"

"WHY ARE YOU.... YOU LEFT ALL THAT SPACE.... WHAT IS YOUR....." at which time your female passenger starts beeping the horn and screaming at the top of her skag-faced lungs.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE CAR BEHIND ME DOESN'T STOP AND PUSHES......"

{more skag faced beeping and screaming, more useless profanity from you as you point to the children in the back of the car....}

{I repeat} "DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE CAR BEHIND ME DOESN'T STOP AND PUSHES ME INTO THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME?? I DIE!!!"

"JUST GO. GO!" with more profanity from your skag-faced lady friend. Your kids must be proud.
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

Long Range Rifleman
    Southeast Arizona....where we ride year round.
    Kinda makes you wish flash bangs were legal to use......

Sounds like that group is chronically stupid. like the sign says, you can't fix stupid and they won't let you beat it into a stupor.

Sadly, there is nothing to be done for that kind of brainless twaddle. Try to stay as far from them as you can and pray that when they do have a "life altering" wreck that they don't take anyone else with them.

Either that or move to BFE-FOL where there are fewer...oh, crap, there's more per capita of them here than where I left.... At least I can see them coming from farther away.

"skag-faced lungs" that is just great!

You know, this story just proves that many people "dumb down" when they get in a car.
    What is it going to take to change that? We will never get rid of all of it, but we should be able to decrease it to some extent. Maybe TV and magazine adds from the MSF. Something like they did a few years ago for drunk drivers.

Hey xp8103,

Do you think they were honking the horn and screaming at the top of their lungs because you scared them?

After all you are just like me and every other MOA member. We are biker trash and all we want to do is cause problems for everyone that does not ride. To them, we all lane split and take up their parking spots. We are lower than snake sh*t. Did you forget that all bikers are filth and scum?

It would be fun to have a seat at their dinner table and hear what they say about today.

There is a good chance that this is a standard driving practice for the people in the car. Your mentioning this to them catches them completely off guard and is seen by them as the first part of the problem. It's easier on everybody if you let it go and be careful. IMO most of the time, it's too late to retrain people to drive more courteous as they think they're doing just fine now.
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Brick - I don't think I could have scared them. They obviously saw me and I rolled slowly up to them. Of course, had I had loud pipes I'm sure they would have respected them and not done it but sadly, the stock exhaust on the WeeStrom isn't exactly ominous.....

Upon reflection, I think it could have been a teachable moment but then I'm married to a teacher and there is NO way I could ever do that..... My friends (teachers) say I'd be in jail after the first week!
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Even though I probably would have done just what you did, you can't fix stupid, nor teach them the manners lessons their parents obviously bailed out on, certainly not in a 20 second lane-of-travel classroom.

You also have to keep in mind you have no idea of a person's mental or criminal history that you approach, it's possible that the driver was a meth head with a cheap handgun under the seat and suddenly sees your face in the window next to his girlfriend and imagines you're a vampire that needs to be removed from the earth. That's why police officers approach a vehicle in a more careful manner.

Just sayin'

Talking

I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you. I was in a hurry to get my skag faced passenger to her meth addiction-anger management class before the oxycodone wore off. But don't worry about the kids, we had them out on Prozac.

I hope the rest of your ride was less eventful.
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 850 Norton Roadster
    If it ain"t broke... fix it till it is.

Morning Person
    Quote Originally Posted by brewmeister View Post
    I think I can honestly say crazy/mad/lunatic drivers are THE MAIN REASON I speed , to get away from these nut jobs NOW!.Use your only two real advantages you have over a cage ,straite away speed,and ability to change directions quickly.(like a u-turn now).I never have comuted to work and back by motorcycle that may have something to do with it. My bike is for pleasure,relaxation ,enjoyment only,so that's mostly what i'm doing.
    Unfortunately this solution can lead to more problems. David Hough, in "Proficient Motorcycling" discusses speeding up as a solution to tailgaters, saying essentially that it might make a bad situation worse. Suppose they speed up, too...and then you speed up more...and they match you...and you arrive at a corner going too fast for it...you get the picture.

I was in the mountain canyons yesterday, and saw a big red pickup behind me, clearly wanting more speed down the road than I was delivering. So here I am...motorcycle in the mountains with a pickup behind. Classic scenario, right? Guy probably has a gun. So I continue until a turnout appears, and I pull into it to let him pass, which he does. I then pull back onto the road. A hundred yards further down the road, his hand comes out of the pickup...and he gives me....a wave of "thanks, rider!" I wave back. Felt good about that. Sure I could have sped up, but I'm not good enough to ride some of these corners at high speed...yet. And this result was more pleasing.

A little further down the road, I pull into the local farmer's market for some veg to go with the evening's steak (our Mr. a$$hole and skag-face have turned off). The market is in an area where road construction is going on and it's one lane. I buy and start to pull out, with someone in front of me trying to exit to the left. Only the traffic is running left to right, the direction I want to go and there is no room for me to pull up on her right side. I slowly approach her driver's side window and ask if it would be ok for me to pull around in front of her as that was the direction I needed to go?

She said sure, go right ahead....

That too made me feel better.
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    You also have to keep in mind you have no idea of a person's mental or criminal history that you approach, it's possible that the driver was a meth head with a cheap handgun under the seat and suddenly sees your face in the window next to his girlfriend and imagines you're a vampire that needs to be removed from the earth. That's why police officers approach a vehicle in a more careful manner.Just sayin'
    Because of the above statement, when someone does something similar to me what you experienced, xp, I tend to keep my visor down and think less than kind words to describe the individual. I vent to myself but refuse to put myself in a situation that could turn out even worse, especially when travelling in your country where handguns are common.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

I had similar fun yesterday.
    On a freeway, the way home yesterday, I was in the middle lane. I was traveling at more than the posted speed as, on this particular freeway, if you don't, you may well get run over. Anyway, an older lady in a nice car left rub marks on the back of my LT from what little air would fit between her front bumper and my back end. I simply refused to alter my course in any way. Not only did she cuss me out, but so did the driver of a delivery van. Neither had a specific reason as to why I was the "jerk bag", but they made it clear that I was.
    I just wish I had been in my truck. She has really good brakes........
    02' K12LT ~ 83K '97 F650GS ~ 32K' 81 XS400 ~ 9K
    MOA #184190 Club #231 48035

I'm thinking about getting a helmet cam sometime soon.... Front and rear.
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Quote Originally Posted by der verge View Post
    I had similar fun yesterday.
    On a freeway, the way home yesterday, I was in the middle lane. I was traveling at more than the posted speed as, on this particular freeway, if you don't, you may well get run over. Anyway, an older lady in a nice car left rub marks on the back of my LT from what little air would fit between her front bumper and my back end. I simply refused to alter my course in any way. Not only did she cuss me out, but so did the driver of a delivery van. Neither had a specific reason as to why I was the "jerk bag", but they made it clear that I was.
    I just wish I had been in my truck. She has really good brakes........

So if middle lane is moving faster than you, move to the right one more lane perhaps?

as in on a 65 mph road, lane 1, to the left typically 75+. middle lane over 70, right lane typically just about 70. If that is the speed of traffic, why would you make yourself more vulnerable by becoming an obstacle?

NCS
    03 K 1200RS (Black is Best)
    03 Honda RC51
    74 Honda CB750 K4