Thread: Brand new F700GS rider

Brand new F700GS rider

Hi all,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Marty and my first bike was a 1975 Kawasaki KE 250 Enduro that I purchased in 1977. My best freind had a Bultaco 250 Alpina and he taught me all of my off road skills. My other riding buddy was my high school German teacher, He had a BMW R60. That's where my appreciation for BMW's started. In 1985 I purchased a 1975 BMW 2002 automobile. It was and still is the best car I ever had. When I decided to get back in to riding, after a thirty year absence, I looked at alot of bikes...However I knew that I would be getting a BMW. The Boxers were calling my name but I went with an F700GS instead. I would love to hear from other GS owners about their experiences.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by packitout View Post
    Hi all,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Marty and my first bike was a 1975 Kawasaki KE 250 Enduro that I purchased in 1977. My best freind had a Bultaco 250 Alpina and he taught me all of my off road skills. My other riding buddy was my high school German teacher, He had a BMW R60. That's where my appreciation for BMW's started. In 1985 I purchased a 1975 BMW 2002 automobile. It was and still is the best car I ever had. When I decided to get back in to riding, after a thirty year absence, I looked at alot of bikes...However I knew that I would be getting a BMW. The Boxers were calling my name but I went with an F700GS instead. I would love to hear from other GS owners about their experiences.

Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum! This is the first confirmed purchase of the F7 and I'm sure the members will be interested on how it is going for you. Once you get situated you can drop into the F-Twins area and help bring a little life to that section of the forum.
    You can also fill out the rest of your profile when you get a chance. Any questions- just ask. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Sounds like a great bike. I've got a klr and lust after that parallel twin!

Thanks! you've made me feel welcome. I'll be posting more when I actually drive the bike home on Saturday.

Welcome to the forum! As Gary said, I think you are the first F7GS.

As another GS rider, I look forward to hearing your feedback. What type of riding are you interested in?

Also, please take a moment to fill out your profile and help the group get to know you a little.

Welcome. Please let us all know how that F7 works out for you.
    02' K12LT ~ 83K '97 F650GS ~ 32K' 81 XS400 ~ 9K
    MOA #184190 Club #231 48035

Just checking signature. Adding info to my profile is trickier than I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by packitout View Post
    Just checking signature. Adding info to my profile is trickier than I thought it would be.
    Your doin' fine
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

F7GS for us too

Hello. My wife and I also just bought two F7GS. This bike fit her perfectly, and after I realized I wasn't going to need the F800, I went for it as well, and we are both very happy. Happy Trails from NorCal!