Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Greenville SC travel advice

Registered User mariettaman29661's Avatar

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground

As for lodging:
    Table Rock is a nice state park, but if you remain on Hwy 276, it will take you through Brevard, NC, Pisgah Forest, under the Blue Ridge Parkway and about 3 miles west of The BRPW you will find Blue Ridge MOtorcycle Campground, on hwy 276. They have cabins there, but showers/RRms are the same for everyone in the main area. Nice, however.
    http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

It is very convenient to Greenville (1 hour of nice riding, Asheville, 30 mins, Waynesville, NC, 20 mins, Deal's Gap, 1.5 hours fast way or via the parkway, if you get off at Hwy 74.
    Good luck.

2012 R1200R
    Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post
    Be certain to include the BMW plant in your plans. Contact them for some motorcycle track time too. Great group of instructors there for both bikes and cars.
    This is a bummer... Guess I'll reorg my itenerary a bit...

Due to new model production, BMW?s factory tours are currently suspended. Tours are expected to resume in the Summer of 2014. The Zentrum Museum will remain open during this time.
    Bob
    Orlando, FL
    2012 R1200R

2012 R1200R
    Thanks for the great recommendations, everyone. We had a blast! I could have spent the whole trip going up the 178/215/BRP/276 Caesar's Head loop and back to Table Rock. Who needs a Dragon? The cabin was great, the bikes performed flawlessly, the weather was perfect... if it hadn't been for getting my gps stolen from Pisgah Inn parking lot it woud have been a perfect trip.

Bob
    Bob
    Orlando, FL
    2012 R1200R

Registered User mariettaman29661's Avatar

G'ville, SC, Travel

Bob,
    Man, that is terrible about your GPS!!! We go there about once a week and hang sit in the rocking chair at the Pisgah Inn convenience store....We're lucky as nothing has been taken....but, it just is terrible that you had the problem.

Were you able to see or stop at Bob's Place over on Hwy 178?? It's a rough looking place about a mile east of the SC line, but it's really not rough. Glad you liked that great loop and I'll agree that it's better than The Dragon! But, the Dragon is a good place to go hang out and watch the bikes!

L

Greenville

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetech View Post
    Well... (Just a few but there are many more)

178 (Pickens to Rosman, NC)
    215 (up to the BRP but I noticed they were repaving the other side (64 to BRP))
    130 (Turns into 281 in NC)
    133 (Runs from Clemson to HWY 11)
    107 (Splits off of 28 and runs up to Cashiers)
    28 (Runs from Walhalla to Highlands)
    64 (Runs from Highlands to Brevard and further East)
    Warwoman (off 28 and goes to Clayton, GA)
    276 (Goes over Ceasar's Head and up to the BRP)
    Gap Creek Rd (From HWY 25 in the SC side)
    Wiggington Rd
    441 is a decent big road in NE GA
    76 (From Westminster, SC into GA)
    In Georgia:
    Historic 441
    HWY 75
    Great roads listed...and even greater for they are in my backyard. What made you choose Gville? Have you looked at Asheville? Asheville was just listed as the number one retirement destination in the United States. Their 10 year growth plan is amazing. Less crime and cooler summers than Gville. I would recommend you take a good look at both if you can....less competition for your son too.
    2006 GS1200R Silver (Sellers Remorse)
    2012 GS1200R (Last of the Great)
    Some Goodies

2012 R1200R
    Quote Originally Posted by mariettaman29661 View Post
    Bob,
    Man, that is terrible about your GPS!!! We go there about once a week and hang sit in the rocking chair at the Pisgah Inn convenience store....We're lucky as nothing has been taken....but, it just is terrible that you had the problem.

Were you able to see or stop at Bob's Place over on Hwy 178?? It's a rough looking place about a mile east of the SC line, but it's really not rough. Glad you liked that great loop and I'll agree that it's better than The Dragon! But, the Dragon is a good place to go hang out and watch the bikes!

L
    I did see Bob's Place and pointed it out to my son on the way. But we didnt' stop this time. We were enjoying the road too much! Probably will next time though... And there definitely will be a next time!

The GPS was a TomTom Rider and over 7 years old so I can't complain too much. I wanted a new Garmin a long time ago and now I have one!

thanks again...
    Bob
    Bob
    Orlando, FL
    2012 R1200R