Quote Originally Posted by AZ-J View Post
Don't know where you are flyrider, but the HDs are the majority here, and very few of them wave to us, even though there are many BMW bikes.
It's funny...the only guys who I have met on the road who showed any real appreciation for BMW motorcycles are Harley guys...I've had guys rattle off all sorts of specs and ask me some very intelligent questions about my GSA. I was sittting in a rocking chair on the front porch at a lodge along the Blue Ridge Parkway when a group of HOG guys showed up and parked near my GSA and my cousin's new Super Tenere. They got off and started examining my bike and my Massachusetts plate. I wasn't really sure what to expect. Then I heard one of them begin to expound upon the history of BMW motorcycles and all of the technical attributes from tubeless spokes to ESA to telelever to shaft drive. They all nodded in approval and made there way toward the lodge. When they got to my cousin and I who were sticking out like sore thumbs in our textile gear, someone asked who owned the BMW. I said it was me and received mutliple compliments on the bike.