Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New RT Rider in South Louisiana...

Smile New RT Rider in South Louisiana...

I have been lurking here for quite some time and finally took the plunge and purchased a 2012 R1200RT. Thanks to the information here, I have already purchased a few "upgrades" and will have them installed shortly.

Just saying hello here and will carry on in the regular forum...

[IMG]Untitled[/IMG]
    -Steve
    2012 R1200RT Midnight Blue Metalic - 2009 Gillera Fucco

Welcome aboard. Beautiful bike.

It's always good to see that new bike smile. Welcome!
    Ken
    2004 R1150RT
    2013 F800R

WDaigle
    I see you took the photo in front of the BMW shop on Cloverland. Hopefully they'll be moved to the new location in the next week or so. We'll probably see you there. Enjoy the new RT

Rally Rat
    Awesome riding bike...I should know. Congrats and welcome.

I did indeed buy the 1200rt from BMW motorcycles of Baton Rouge. Clark has been a patient source of great information and I am loving this bike. Just put 297 miles on her today and my farkle list is getting long after being on here lurking for a while.
    -Steve

Quote Originally Posted by PianomanLA View Post
    ... my farkle list is getting long after being on here lurking for a while.
    That's one of the downsides to the forums...you find out about all kinds of cool things you didn't know you couldn't live without.
    1983 R100RS (Sold)
    2004 R1150RT
    BMW MOA 181289
    ABC 13558

WDaigle
    I did indeed buy the 1200rt from BMW motorcycles of Baton Rouge. Clark has been a patient source of great information and I am loving this bike. Just put 297 miles on her today and my farkle list is getting long after being on here lurking for a while.
    Clark is a good guy. We've been friends since he's been at the dealership. A bunch of us usually go to the shop every Saturday and hang out most of the day. I just sold my 2006 RT with 73,000 miles on it. I really loved it but my new GS is more versatile and easier to pack for two-up camping. Good luck with the RT and maybe we'll see you at the shop.

Hey Pianoman... watch out for that LAGator guy... he is nothing but trouble.

Ian

Very nice. Welcome and enjoy.
    Gear Up and Ride Safe
    Jim Rogers
    2010 R12GSA aka Heidi
    Yorktown, Va

Rt

Congrats, I've got the same bike and am loving riding it. Got it April 13 and rolled the odometer over 16K yesterday. Enjoy, it's the best bike I've ever ridden.
    IBA Number 49673
    Moore OK
    http://lngrdr.blogspot.com/

WDaigle
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Hey Pianoman... watch out for that LAGator guy... he is nothing but trouble.

Ian
    Hey Ian, I resemble that remark. I've already got way too many people "lookin' out" for me

Thanks for the warm welcome gents... I agree that the rt is the best bike I have ever owned! I have had the rider pegs lowered and added some illium Barbacks... I cant wait to put a few hundred miles on it to see if it improved the tweeking in my knees after 50-75 miles.
    -Steve

Baton Rouge

I've met the crew at Baton Rouge through getting a Moto Guzzi running, but they -- Lauren in parts and Cory in servide -- have been especially beyond-the-call helpful to me with advice and resources for my newly-acquired 2005 K1200LT, even though I'm in Pensacola. There's a good attitude and vibe in that shop, isn't there?

Welcome

Welcome, Pianoman. If interested, feel free to come visit us at the Gulf South BMW club meeting this Wednesday in Mandeville. We meet monthly and alternate between the north shore and south shore. Here's a link to make it easy or PM me for more info. http://www.gulfsouthbmw.org/ Love to have you, a great bunch of people that enjoy riding.

Greg
    Greg