Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buying a K75S on Saturday

detbmw,

It's Saturday, have you gotten your K75S yet? It's not silver is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    detbmw,

It's Saturday, have you gotten your K75S yet? It's not silver is it?
    1) It is an '88 red - VIN: 151302.

2) It has Metzeler Lasertec tires on both ends - 100/90-18(f) & 130/90-17(r).

3) The odometer & trip meter do not work, but the speedometer, and as far as I can tell all other instruments, do. Are there any quick trouble-shooting tips? Or am I sending the speedometer off for a rebuild?

4) The instrument cluster likes to bounce up and down as we go down the road. Is that normal?

5) The right side case was busted at some point in the past and repaired. I cannot get it off the bike (left case comes right off).

I had a 300-mile ride home from mid-Oklahoma back down to Deep East Texas and loved every second of it. The only problem was the roads were WAY TOO STRAIGHT. However, my sweet young bride was driving the car back so I had to behave myself.
    Last edited by detbmw; 09-09-2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: to fix stuff
    Rich
    Night Black 2000 R1100RT
    Marakesh Red 1988 K75S "The S is, by far, the finest-handling BMW we have ever ridden." Motorcyclist, November 1986

Yeah, that instrument pod does bounce a lot, cured mine by stuffing some old rubber fuel line behind the mount. The odometer problem is probably some bad gears in the unit. Seems MotoMeter made a batch out of compressed applesauce. There is a thread somewhere about someone making replacement gear, not too hard to replace. Enjoy!
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Compressed applesauce? LOL That is good. 98lee will be happy to read that the bike is fire hydrant red.

detbmw, Motobrick.com is a great site for someone new to flying bricks. Between it and MOA, you should be covered for any question you can think of.

How does it feel to become a Brickhead?

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post
    How does it feel to become a Brickhead?
    I am LOVING THIS BIKE!!!

I've been wanting a sport bike, but never liked crotch rockets. I think I will ride this bike until one of us can no longer go down the road.

I have a lot to learn about bricks.
    Rich
    Night Black 2000 R1100RT
    Marakesh Red 1988 K75S "The S is, by far, the finest-handling BMW we have ever ridden." Motorcyclist, November 1986

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by detbmw View Post

3) The odometer & trip meter do not work, but the speedometer, and as far as I can tell all other instruments, do. Are there any quick trouble-shooting tips? Or am I sending the speedometer off for a rebuild?

4) The instrument cluster likes to bounce up and down as we go down the road. Is that normal?

5) The right side case was busted at some point in the past and repaired. I cannot get it off the bike (left case comes right off).

3). If you need gears: http://www.odometergears.com/product...Motorcycles/42

4). All theSs do that. When you go to reinstall the cluster after you fix the odometer, put some 1/2" square weatherstripping around the cluster..

5). Try sliding the bag 3/4" toward the rear before you try to lift it off. There is a tab at the rear of the bag that slides under the mounting rail so the bag cannot bounce up and come off.

Congratulations on you new love! Oh yeah, and on your bride too!

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare