Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: It's BMW Scooter Time!

rear drive oil wicking at 1200 miles gt 650
    Attached Images Attached Images

Isn't the rubber cap on top of the final drive covering a vent, maybe just over serviced

another pic - source and credit in pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by quack View Post
    ordered a pair - they call them safety pads. Also ordered a couple of other enhancements. Will report when they arrive!
    Have your pads shown up yet? If not, did your dealer tell you when they thought they'd make it? Mine were ordered and paid for 3 months ago now and no sign of them.

same here no word

Going up to the dealer this Saturday, if the weather cooperates at all, to look at colors.
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

Wife was really attracted to the platinum bronze, they have one on the floor with the top case already added, plus the charger pigtail and scuff guard, so getting that one. Didn't bring camera.
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Wife was really attracted to the platinum bronze, they have one on the floor with the top case already added, plus the charger pigtail and scuff guard, so getting that one. Didn't bring camera.
    Congrats! I love mine.

When you say it has the scuff guard, do you mean the drop protectors on the body panels or something else? (I ordered and paid for these almost 4 months ago and they're still claimed to be on back order, getting ready to call BMW NA about it.)

The clear plastic film to keep you from scuffing up the paint in the step-through area. Like this
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/bmw-c-65...nt-protection/
    I'm unsure what film they used and if they just do it like shown in the link for every bike? I would think they would at least make up a set of templates so they don't have to go through that every time. They said they also did the fuel door.
    Am glad they had one with the trunk already on it so I don't even have to think about getting that done. It's (the top case) a little smaller than I had imagined. Going TO work I have to bring a sort of soft-sided brief case (I call it a brief-bag), just to carry work stuff in. I drive a intercity bus, so thinks like log book, a few manuals and maps, couple screwdrivers, glasses, cell phone, junk like that, I am not gone on overnights, so not all that much but I like to be prepared. And also a lunch box, I have used a minimate cooler, big enough for a 6 pack I think (no I don't drink my lunch, LOL), but that size, but I can get something else if I need to. But I am thinking the breif-bag might fit under the seat if I keep some of the junk cleared out (per my wife, LOL), and the lunch box I think will fit in the top case. Whae I am AT work, typically just need to store my helmet and jacket, and again I think this will work fine as well. The helmet I tried to stow under the seat back when I did my roadtest in October and my full face Shoei did fit under the seat, although the last inch or so before latching did seem to be a bit of a push, but it did latch. So thinking the helmet might fit better in the top case and the jacket (armored), I feel confident will go under the seat just fine.
    Am really looking forward to spring and riding this, I think it will be a very good "fit" for the riding I do now.
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

They do have the top case liner, I would really like to see more of that. The sort of thing that might work better for my brief-bag, depending on how much is added to it for storing small items. Isn't there a few different aftermarket places that make stuff up, more or less "to order" to fit in top cases and saddlebags??

Just looked around, the one company I was thinking of is Kathy's
    http://kathysjourneydesigns.com/
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

The BMW top case liner is pretty nice actually. But I tend to use the underseat storage for bigger & heavier things - it will hold my 17" MacBook pro along with a jacket, etc. without difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by lbfjrmd@yahoo.com View Post
    new gt 650 - 1st BMW. Has a forum been created for scooters yet?
    Very quiet on most bmw scoot forums.

Quote Originally Posted by GILLY View Post
    "The beatings will continue until morale improves".

Didn't mean for it to come off sounding like that.
    Gilly
    We used that saying in the Navy.

there is also a google + community with 75+ members that puts out info as well. It has been slow as well. for myself, I have been to busy and out of town alot. I will be posting on my dyno results and several other items soon on a sport model. either it will pickup with the weather, or less with the weather, depending on how much people get out and ride. I just pushed past 600 today.

Jeff Wilson life member
    Quote Originally Posted by 43362 View Post
    A bad day on the scooter is still better than the best day at work (i wish). So today I go to Costco like I seem to do at least once a week, put my helmet under the seat where it belongs. I go into Costco do my shopping (bought 4 items) come back out to the scooter open the seat take the helmet out and put my items in. Put my helmet on "oh crap where are my keys" man am I stupid. Call road side assistance yes they will pick me up and take me to the nearest dealer, no good what will they do they do not have a key and my home is closer. They won't take me home as bmw would not cover that. Got lucky called a friend and by coincidence she was driving by. She picks me up and takes me home. Oh crap garage door opener is on my bike key ring. Oh crap key pad on garage door frame never gets used and the battery appears to be dead, I am locked out of the house. Man am I stupid. My friend takes me back to her house so I am not out in the cold. My friend takes me back to my house at 5pm at the time my girlfriend comes home. My scooter was at Costco for a total 4 hours. Man am I stupid.
    I guess I have to laugh at myself because you are laughing at me (oh crap)
    Lesson learned do not take key out of ignition when opening seat.
    So I have had my scooter for 11 months now and 10 months ago I locked my key under the seat (man was I stupid) I almost locked the key under the seat about a month ago again. I went to the Finger Lakes rally (I had the only scooter) and took my spare key with me on a lanyard (just like we did as kids in elementary school). When I got home from the rally I went to the dealer and ordered another spare key and I found a hole in the frame, put a key ring in it and put the key on it. Using a bread tie in another hole about an inch away I tied the key in place so it would not rattle around. Man am I smart.

I now have 3 keys, one in the safe at home one under the the bike and one on my everyday key ring
    Jeff
    A bad day on the C650 GT scooter is better than the best day at work