Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: No More Complaints

  1. #1
    Registered User txedomoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota, USA
    Posts
    505

    No More Complaints

    I am swearing to never grumble about a posting/grammar/etc on a public forum ever again... and am THANKFUL to be part of the MOA community. Why? I own a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse (wife picked this one out) and recently had a rear window wiper blade go bad. On the down side: the owners manual and directions are WRONG. And the Anco replacement blades are longer than stock - though workable. On the plus side: I found there is a Chevy Traverse Owners Forum which gave me nice tips on replacing the blade. HOWEVER. Looking around the forum I found out, yes indeed, there is such a thing as a "dumb question" (example - Q: "why doesn't my I-Pod dock with the radio?" A: Because your radio does not have docking (with ANYTHING)) And if you are sensitive to spelling/grammatical issues... you'll likely break out in hives reading some of the posts.

    And these people drive next to us.
    "You either run... or you rust."
    Tom Petty
    --
    1976 R90/6 - Berchta

  2. #2
    Mars needs women! 35634's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,970
    Is there a thread on which way to turn the wheel when they park?
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

  3. #3
    IBA #44567 Ken F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SW, MO
    Posts
    1,181
    I'm sure glad I didn't have a mouthfull of anything when I read that!

    Ken
    IBA #44567
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

  4. #4
    Long Range Rifleman NI5L's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Southeast Arizona....where we ride year round.
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by 35634 View Post
    Is there a thread on which way to turn the wheel when they park?
    You too, huh?
    Warren
    '97 R1100RT - My daily driver

    Ave atque vale, my America.

  5. #5
    Registered User stkmkt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tremont, IL
    Posts
    695
    Let's not even bring up all the anal boys and their methods of checking oil level or what oil to use.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

  6. #6
    3 Red Bricks
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pleasanton, Ca.
    Posts
    3,153
    Do they have a thread about using motorcycle tires on their Traverse?



    LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

    Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

    Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

  7. #7
    Registered User der verge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Clinton Twp Mi
    Posts
    131
    It is a forum about GM products......what do you expect?

    02' K12LT ~ 83K '97 F650GS ~ 32K' 81 XS400 ~ 9K
    MOA #184190 Club #231 48035

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern KY
    Posts
    3,105
    Bring er down to KY & I'll change it out for a reasonable amount, no hassle promised. Really, do you need a manual to change a wiper blade? Maybe if not OEM to see how the adapters work, but?

  9. #9
    Themason 42906's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ridgecrest California
    Posts
    444
    Don't feel bad. The aircraft mechanics we had in the Navy weren't sharp spellers either. In fact, I saved some of their better write ups, the ones with the funniest spelling errors of smartest comments. You know, things like "Badery ded".

    I also ran a maintenance program for a tank truck company after leaving the Navy. The drivers weren't, um, intellects by any stretch and some of their write ups have been saved for posterity too. Things like "steering wabbles". Really? Oh that rascally wabbit! The ones I really liked were write ups from my immigrant mechanics. They required some head scratching. What is a "pomp vang"? Oh, how about pump vane. Ah yes. You have to laugh or else you will cry.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

  10. #10
    Unorthodox Methods
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bastrop, TX Where black is the new green
    Posts
    103
    I have it on good authority (I just made it up) that this board's sophisticated software automatically corrects grammar and spelling errors and softens harsh words, opinions and criticisms. This leads to a happier experience for all.
    ____________________________________________
    Honda Trail 90, Honda CL 450, Yamaha XS 750 triple
    Yamaha XS 1100, Gap of 20 years, BMW 94 R1100RS
    BMW 04 R1150RT, 2010 Honda Goldwing Next ????????

  11. #11
    Smoooooth at 430 gch71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by 42906 View Post
    Don't feel bad. The aircraft mechanics we had in the Navy weren't sharp spellers either. In fact, I saved some of their better write ups, the ones with the funniest spelling errors of smartest comments. You know, things like "Badery ded".

    I also ran a maintenance program for a tank truck company after leaving the Navy. The drivers weren't, um, intellects by any stretch and some of their write ups have been saved for posterity too. Things like "steering wabbles". Really? Oh that rascally wabbit! The ones I really liked were write ups from my immigrant mechanics. They required some head scratching. What is a "pomp vang"? Oh, how about pump vane. Ah yes. You have to laugh or else you will cry.
    Here's one for ya, yes it really happened and this from a "four year prominant school".... The write up in aircraft maintenance log went like this....."transponder will not transmit in Mode "OFF""... Go figure that one out
    Glenn
    ...driving to work on my airhead
    '74 R60/6, '75 R60/6(boxes)

  12. #12
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    between SanAntone & the Weird Place, TX
    Posts
    5,755
    My son was an Avionics Tech on the Stennis...he shared some of the Gripe Sheets from the aviators...really great stuff like mentioned
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

  13. #13
    Registered User arthurdent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Nebraska
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by BugCollector View Post
    I have it on good authority (I just made it up) that this board's sophisticated software automatically corrects grammar and spelling errors and softens harsh words, opinions and criticisms. This leads to a happier experience for all.
    When did the EU Equality Policy Board take over?

  14. #14
    Layton layton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ft. Smith Ar
    Posts
    130
    I worked on A-7 aircraft in the navy many years ago. I had a pilot send in a "gripe" that stated the A/C did not work in the OFF position..........

  15. #15
    Sport-Commuter Delaware.Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middletown, Delaware
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Bring er down to KY & I'll change it out for a reasonable amount, no hassle promised. Really, do you need a manual to change a wiper blade? Maybe if not OEM to see how the adapters work, but?
    My wife has a Toyota Rav4, the rear blade replacement is like a Chinese knot.
    Delaware Dave
    1999 BMW R1100RT
    2010 Harley Davidson ElectraGlide Limited

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •