Thread: Top case recommendations please

Hybrid View

Saint Cloud, FL Near Orlando International Airport

Top case recommendations please

Just purchased a 2012 F800ST. I am used to having more storage space from my years on a Honda ST1300 with a Givi top case. My new bike has factory side cases and I want to add a top case that is similar in appearance to my side cases, proportional to the bike, and is capable of holding one Arai Corsair full face helmet. I really like the Givi Trekker 46, but when I try to picture the case on my bike using just a tape measure it looks like it would be out of proportion on the large side. If you have tried this combination and have a pic please post it.

I really have confidence in Givi, but am open to suggestions, even soft sided, but permanently mounted options.

Your comments are welcome.

On my 2011 F650GS I have a Givi V46 top case. Although not the largest top case Givi makes it is a nice size for the my bike. it easily holds my helmet (schuberth C3) as well as extra gloves, jacket liner and a few other small things. I think it would look/work good on your ST.

Saint Cloud, FL Near Orlando International Airport

nytrashman

Thanks for your thoughts. Looks plenty big enough without being too big. I will try to locate a V46 locally and check it out.

bmw top case

The BMW top case will hold a Schuberth C3. I also have the factory panniers.

I like the top case. Well-made and sturdy. I've had it for only about six months. Some complain of cracking after extended use (see F800 riders), but assuming it holds up I think it looks great and I tend to use it more than the side cases, which I often take off and don't put back on unless I'm going on a travel.

Rick

C3 in Top Box?

I have the standard BMW top case (black plastic) on my 650GS. Getting my C3 helmet in is tough. And it gets "squished" when I close the lid. Is yours like that? My helmet is size is XL 7 5/8.

f800st top case

Bluejay,

My topcase is for the f800st. I don't know if they are the same for the 650.

But I have exactly the same size helmet 7 5/8 XL

Try putting it in this way. It makes a difference, even though it looks like it shouldn't.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bartleby; 09-10-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Different Case?

My top case for my F650GS (BMW hard black plastic case) 2012 must be different. That's a good suggestion to put it that way. I have also done it with the helmet in the open position. My case has more of a flat top to it that it looks like yours does. I can "squish it" but I am not so sure it's good for the helmet.
    Attached Images Attached Images